GDT: Game 35: New York Islanders(21-14-2) @ Seattle Kraken(18-12-4) - 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After being spanked by the Leon Draisaitl less Edmonton Oilers to lose their third straight game against a division rival the Kraken will play their final home game before a seven game road trip.

This time around it will be the first meeting of two against the New York Islandrs, who're in a playoff race themselves in the eastern conference.

The Islanders will also bring a familar face back to the northwest with former Seattle Thunderbird Matthew Barzal playing his second NHL game in Seattle.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
SPREAD-Roof-Exterior-Kraken_20211007_0007_1000px-1000x640.jpg

When?
05:00 p.m. PT / 08:00 pm. ET / 2:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ESPN
-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Team Defense

The Kraken have gotten away from their solid defensive efforts that got them that nice seve game winning streak and in a comfortable playoff spot around November and early December.
Right now the team has troubel keeping opponents covered right in front of their own goal and are giving up way too many high danger chances.

2) Penalty Kill, um yeah....it's bad/ and stop taking penalties Carson!
giphy.gif

3) Do we have a top six?
For the last couple of games our top six(or even top nine) has dissapeared and can't seem to find a way to get their scoring going.
Without that we're basically left with our fourth line to do the scoring and as great as they have been(probably one of the best 4th lines in the league) you can't rely on Daniel Sprong and Ryan Donato to drag you to wins.
So hey, maybe a good old Hakstol lineup juggling might be a good idea?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 10(G) - 18(A) ---> 28 points
Jordan Eberle: 8(G) - 19(A) ---> 27 points
Matty Beniers: 11(G) - 14(A) ---> 25 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 24:03 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:47 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:15 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Martin Jones: 14-5-3 / .886(SV%) / 3.05 GAA
Philipp Grubauer: 3-7-1 / .881(SV%) / 3.53 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 1-0-0 / .900(SV%) / 4.00 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Brock Nelson: 15(G) - 22(A) ---> 37 points
Matthew Barzal: 8(G) - 28(A) ---> 36 points
Anders Lee: 13(G) - 15(A) ---> 28 points

Work Load:
Adam Pelech 20:49 TOI/Game
Noah Dobson: 20:43 TOI/Game
Scott Mayfield: 20:25 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Ilya Sorokin: 13-11-1 / .926(SV%) / 2.27 GAA
Semyon Varlamov: 8-3-1 / .919(SV%) / 2.65 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

This will be a very important one as the Kraken are close to put up or shut up time.

It's the final home game before that seven game road trip and given that the Kraken have lost three straight and are 3-7-1 in their last eleven is evidence enough that the team needs to find a way to turn things around.
If not then all that talk about a playoff push might be over before the month of January comes to an end.

Still, this years edition of the Kraken has given us way more fun and hope than last years and there's still a chance they turn it around and keep hanging in there for that playoff race.

Anyways, let's see what happens and of course....
giphy.gif

Reactions: The Marquis

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Very different game from the last one. Islanders will choke everything off and clog everything up making it hard to play offense the way you want to.
Specialty teams are going to have to get better one way or the other to avoid more losses.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I like Ray but he can't save this broadcast with nitwit Leah Hextall at the controls,good Cristos can't they find someone better than this thing. I bet there are 100 Million people in North America more qualified then this squealing, annoying no talent no entertainment thing

Oh well hit the mute,watch and entertain myself

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Nice to see the boyz passing it around and getting looks in tight

When I did my Mock Expansion draft I had the Kraken taking Bellows instead of Eberle from the Isles. GMFrancis is a helluva lot smarter than me

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Soucy gets a lot of critique for his penalties (well deserved), but Oleksiak is imo the worst D of the bunch.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He’s got way too many years for anybody to be interested in thinking. Can’t get him for a deal.
That's probably true! Maybe if the Kraken developed a great PK they could Oleksiak to take out some of the other players by knocking their teeth out,LOL

Jones let a soft goal thru.
We must lead the league in soft goals against.
Jones was lights out in November as were the Kraken they will get it back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad