GDT: [Game #35 New Years Eve] Dallas Stars vs. Chicago Blackhawks – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #35 – 12/31/2023 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Chicago Blackhawks
21-9-4, 46 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 11-22-2, 24 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

JK8P4LV.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

Chicago Blackhawks

Foligno - Bedard - Kurashev
Beauvillier - Dickinson - Raddysh
Donato - Johnson - Blackwell
Reichel - Entwistle - Johnson

Vlasic - Murphy
Tinordi - Phillips
Korchinski - Zaitsev

Mrazek

2fmwd0w.png

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" We could spend the rest of our lives selecting from the Blackhawks' roster, but we'll have to settle today by choosing that famous Windy City Wing (Center? Eh, let's go with the alliteration), MacKenzie Entwistle.

8480025.png

Boy he's looking right through us isn't he? Not sure how long I can return that gaze.

Beginning his NHL journey as a 3rd round pick of the Coyotes, Entwistle was a casualty of Arizona's cap floor shenanigans as they sought out the zombie contract of none other than Marian Hossa to become cap compliant. You have to give to get!

Now 24, Entwistle has gone on to play over 150 games for Chicago. Hilariously that makes him one of the most tenured Blackhawks. As such he has tried to take a more leadership-oriented role lately:
"There’s not much I can say besides, yeah, it is frustrating. The only way we can turn it around is the guys in this dressing room. We’re together for the whole season, so I don’t think you can be scared to speak your mind and say what you think the team [needs]. ... Whether it’s a good or bad thing that you’ve got to say, sometimes you have tough conversations with some guys."
source

Other than intangibles, it's difficult to say exactly what he does other than improve Chicago's draft position. Sporting an aggressively negative offensive rating on par with Radek Faksa, Entwistle also can't defend, which is an interesting combination.

With Luke Richardson at the helm he's been used sparingly on the 4th line at even strength and sporadically on the PK.

On the plus side he still draws a bonafide NHL paycheck and hasn't been a part of any Alcohol-Fueled Incidents™.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I would like to see a multi goal win here. This team should not be playing at Dallas’ level.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
wow- held on, avoided and returned check, great pass, finished for a goal

good shit. i think this is more what we all expected out of the last game? great to see a fast start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad