GDT: Game 35: Columbus vs. Philadelphia | 12/19 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm with you. Calvert should retire a Jacket

I see him as a 4th liner with Karlsson and Rychel next year or for sure in 2. And as a great pk'er and a guy who can play up when needed.

I see him leaving when Jarmo won't give him a 3rd year at 2.3 mill when he turns 31. :sarcasm:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I see him as a 4th liner with Karlsson and Rychel next year or for sure in 2. And as a great pk'er and a guy who can play up when needed.

I see him leaving when Jarmo won't give him a 3rd year at 2.3 mill when he turns 31. :sarcasm:

Did we really have to ruin it with a player evaluation followed up with a fan depth chart? :cry:

KlichkoBro*

Ryan Murray should have been a 1st star on any other night with 32 minutes and a goal. But tonight it's obviously Korpi. I already love this kid.

KlichkoBro*

Someone should start a thread on the mains on Murray and Korpisalo. Murray has played 60 minutes in the last 2 games. And Korpi with a 1st NHL win.
And I think Joey wasn't as bad as some people are trying to make him look.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Someone should start a thread on the mains on Murray and Korpisalo. Murray has played 60 minutes in the last 2 games. And Korpi with a 1st NHL win.
And I think Joey wasn't as bad as some people are trying to make him look.

Oh yeah, we have such a great track record of our people starting threads on the mains.

Hell, it's been....what, four years and we still get to hear the "but does Canada respect Columbus lololol im so original" every single week.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Through the oddity of wanting to start a thread on the mains, but there was something in there - Murray has looked pretty good with those minutes.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Korpisalo was great, The dubi line was great (mostly Calvert), I didn't mind our play at all tonight. We had some long shifts in our zone and Bad moments in the game but those happen. We deserved to win.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I am really tired of this team not playing offence when they get a lead. I thought that was on Richards but he is long gone and still nothing changes, they play like a pee wee team that doesn't want anything to do with the puck when they have a lead. They just slap and flip at the puck and never look to make a play even when they have one.

True...but...but we don't have a losing record against our division opponents. Yet

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Fun ending, especially sitting behind the bench. On to Pittsburgh. Leaving tomorrow... Hopefully we can get a win considering they're playing even worse than us lately.

jacketsinDC

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
Wow, korp is night and day playing better than mcbackup. I hope he stays up as the backup or they replace mcbackup. He has really not looked good this year and we can't afford to lose every game Bob doesn't play!!! I didn't watch the AZ game but good grief ... I don't think I need to.

johansen was pretty good defensively IMO but I'd be happy if he just doesn't ask for a trade... and it seems like he won't. If we trade him away I think he will make the team regret it, he is much more of a sure thing than brassard ever was.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I would put Korpi as the backup, and give him more games than CMac is getting. Trade CMac, and use your two best goalies. Divide the work between the pipes where Bob gets a majority of games but isn't overworked. Korpi learns on the NHL level and continues his growth process. Best of both worlds

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Cleveland. Reassess korpi as #2 in next year's training camp.

This year.

I would put Korpi as the backup, and give him more games than CMac is getting. Trade CMac, and use your two best goalies. Divide the work between the pipes where Bob gets a majority of games but isn't overworked. Korpi learns on the NHL level and continues his growth process. Best of both worlds

Next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad