GDT: Game 35: Columbus vs. Minnesota | 12/31 7PM EST

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
nice win, but with Toronto and Boston going to overtime, you could argue we won the game, but lost ground trying to get back into the playoff race

somewhere something about that doesn't seem right

Don't count out games in hand. Hard to catch up when we've played less games than most above us. 3 vs Toronto and Boston and 1 vs Caps

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Good win but I would feel better if the offense didn't come from D-men. Sooner or later are lack of scoring 5v5 will be our Achilles Heel.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Mr. McConnell was making the rounds shaking hands with the fans tonight and I consider myself fortunate to be one of them.

What a month for the Jackets - let's hope that it's just the beginning and that there's a lot more fun ahead. :)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Outstanding month. You know you were in a hole when you go 10-1-1 and you only have a 2% chance to make the playoffs.

Now we just need another month just like that and we're in good shape.. lol

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Outstanding month. You know you were in a hole when you go 10-1-1 and you only have a 2% chance to make the playoffs.

Now we just need another month just like that and we're in good shape.. lol

The scary part is we could still play considerably better.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The scary part is we could still play considerably better.

Not sure how it's scary. I'm impressed with the record, but I don't think it representative of our play. Meaning playing better could easily result in more losses. Actually it probably will.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Not sure how it's scary. I'm impressed with the record, but I don't think it representative of our play. Meaning playing better could easily result in more losses. Actually it probably will.

There was no suggestion that playing better would improve on a 10-1-1 record. :laugh:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
30th 5v5

Amazing!

29th. 47 in 35. most of the teams around there have 2-4 more games as well.

Amazing PP. Seems like just yesterday we were looking at the Noel PP gauge.

PPdecline.gif

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Frustrating game the first two periods.. We matched them for dull, non-motivated play for the first 30-40 minutes. Suddenly a couple good plays and we start to cruise.

Glad I went, made it to NYE party with plenty of time to spare afterwards.

PS: Figures Joey finally gets a goal on a EN of all occasions. Missed a damn good opportunity right in front of the net in the first period.....

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Frustrating game the first two periods.. We matched them for dull, non-motivated play for the first 30-40 minutes. Suddenly a couple good plays and we start to cruise.

Glad I went, made it to NYE party with plenty of time to spare afterwards.

PS: Figures Joey finally gets a goal on a EN of all occasions. Missed a damn good opportunity right in front of the net in the first period.....

Hopefully that will get him going again.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I cannot stand Matt Cooke at all.

Funny, I know he is universally hated, but after one of the whistles Cooke and Wiz skated out of the corner and Cooke gave Wiz a couple pats on the back. Friendly pats mind you, nothing to stir anything up.

Fun game last night. Started out as a bit of a snoozer, but got better with age. Hoping for the best on this west coast trip.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
hilarious that Connauton said he just put the puck towards the net and it went in...I'm really liking that pick up...plays hard...

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Happy for the win, but I just can not get excited about this team. The fact that Cracknell can make this roster, injuries or not, is mind boggling. Fundamentally, theyre a terrible team, thankfully we have a world class goalie right now

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Happy for the win, but I just can not get excited about this team. The fact that Cracknell can make this roster, injuries or not, is mind boggling. Fundamentally, theyre a terrible team, thankfully we have a world class goalie right now

It's mind boggling how a 4th liner and fundamentals is preventing you from getting excited about the team.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
yeah I mean a guy that laid out and took a puck to the ankle to help secure a win, I really hate those types of team guys...

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
We tried counting how many consecutive passes the team could complete cleanly. We never got past 3.

Bob is Bob. There were about 5 legit forwards - you can tell as they were the forwards to get 18+ minutes of ice time.

Somehow, this team is winning. 21 of 24 points in December. Not always pretty, but Bob is the equalizer. And the PP is pretty damn good. The PK had killed off 25 in a row before Minny's goal. Even strength...still isn't great.

Letestu and Atkinson back this coming week? Maybe?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

I get what you are saying, but I think it goes further than Bob. Bob is obviously the big equalizer, but throughout our abominable first two months I railed on the fact that our fore-check was non-existent. Guess what, the fore-check reappears in December and we go 10-1-1.

Our line-up is pretty pedestrian right now, but once again they show that hard work, and a hot goalie can win a lot of games. Problem is, that has to happen every single game. When it doesn't ala the Nashville game, it gets ugly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad