GDT: Game 35: Columbus vs. Minnesota | 12/31 7PM EST

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
i loved how intense the third period play got. i really enjoyed seeing the team being able to collectively reach back in its memory banks and remember what playoff level hockey felt like and how to make it happen. its a pure delight to be able to see this team know how to change that gear to find a way to win the game

the team is clearly bi-polar manic depressants. if you've ever had one of these in your life you learn to enjoy the days with the highs and work with the lows. hopefully 2015 brings more steady results that don't require such heroics in 1 single month to simply be .500.

mexican Stromboli in club level was very meh

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
i loved how intense the third period play got. i really enjoyed seeing the team being able to collectively reach back in its memory banks and remember what playoff level hockey felt like and how to make it happen. its a pure delight to be able to see this team know how to change that gear to find a way to win the game

the team is clearly bi-polar manic depressants. if you've ever had one of these in your life you learn to enjoy the days with the highs and work with the lows. hopefully 2015 brings more steady results that don't require such heroics in 1 single month to simply be .500.

mexican Stromboli in club level was very meh

The 3rd period was beautiful, shutdown, smash mouth hockey.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I said .500 by New Year when the month started. Proud of these guys.

Big hat tip from me on that one.

I was calling .500 by the mid point (me of little faith).

Outstanding month. You know you were in a hole when you go 10-1-1 and you only have a 2% chance to make the playoffs.

Now we just need another month just like that and we're in good shape.. lol

That's the sombering truth, when you stick that 9 game losing streak on top of December, you have a 10-10-1 stretch.......nothing to write home about. But trending is important, and we are trending up faster than anyone in the league, so that 2% gets a big asterisk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad