GDT: Game 35 12/27 7:07 PM - Ottawa at BRUINS - Last home game in 2017 | NESN, TVAS (French), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
We are playing a good game and we are talking about Krug's size and Eriksson, what channel are some people watching? Nash being one of the best cost controlled free agent signing is having a great game

Oh my God. You wanted to keep Loui???

Just kidding. Point taken. Perhaps I should save the chest-beating "I was right" posts for another time...

Reactions: Chief Nine

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
His name alone somewhat triggers me for the goal he made to force OT in game 1 (I think) in 2013. Shot was going 2 feet wide but hit a Bruin and bounced in. Such a tight series, haven’t seen much of him lately, though. Probably better options out there, but we really could’ve used some injury insurance last year, considering how open the playoffs were the past two year and a pretty meh team winning both cups.
Agreed.

Last year's injuries are really driving me to think we need another D man. I know we have postma, but Oduya has lots of experience and I think could be had for a song. Certainly would feel better with him as our 8th 7th whatever over Postma.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Sometimes, I really don't like sports announcers.

"If you're the Ottawa Senators, you really just need to keep trying to climb the standings".

Someone is getting paid to say things like that...

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Oh my God. You wanted to keep Loui???

Just kidding. Point taken. Perhaps I should save the chest-beating "I was right" posts for another time...

Especially since there’s really no relevance, and nothing in this game that constitutes proof you were right.

Also pretty sure even the biggest Loui defenders didn’t want to give him 6Y, 36M or anything approaching that, which he was pretty much guaranteed in the free agency despite being 30-ish and having suffered his fair share of major injuries. We got Backes instead, which looks good for now but also wasn’t ideal term-wise.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Sometimes, I really don't like sports announcers.

"If you're the Ottawa Senators, you really just need to keep trying to climb the standings".

Someone is getting paid to say things like that...

I know it sounds obvious, but from watching the Senators tonight it certainly doesn't seem like they know they should be trying to climb the standings

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Remember in the summer when people thought the Sens were going to be a top team in the East?

They got very lucky last year. Their roster is not (and was not) anything special compared to the rest of the division.

Seemed like Methot was a big component. I understand there are a lot of factors, but was surprised when the Sens passed.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Anderson not looking good tonight as is Eriksson or the coach. They have talent, he will be fired soon and back in coaching in the Swiss league.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Especially since there’s really no relevance, and nothing in this game that constitutes proof you were right.

Also pretty sure even the biggest Loui defenders didn’t want to give him 6Y, 36M or anything approaching that, which he was pretty much guaranteed in the free agency despite being 30-ish and having suffered his fair share of major injuries. We got Backes instead, which looks good for now but also wasn’t ideal term-wise.

Like I said, I'm sorry sir.

I'm ready to move on.

Reactions: Fossy21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad