GDT: Game 34: Washington Capitals Vs Vegas Golden Knights | Happy Haula-days

What will the Golden Knights get for Christmas?

• VGK 9 Caps 1

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • A Goalie Goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leipsic Scoring a goal

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Coal (a L) Get off my sleigh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
VGK General Manager George McPhee (GMGM) had been GM of the WSH Caps for seventeen years (1997-2014). For him, this victory was especially sweet, I'm sure.

This video of GMGM from the Owner's Box shows his true feelings.

GHomerkingCERT.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What an experience. Got suite seating, free drink tickets, comped buffet, and my team absolutely shutting down Ovi and the Caps.

Easily one of the best experiences I've ever had at the rink. The goals were all premium as hell. Second and third periods were a bit sloppy in the neutral and offensive zone but for the most part the defense was absolutely suffocating. What a memory I just made.

Edit: before anyone asks I have a friend who does accounting for concessions at TMA.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
What an experience. Got suite seating, free drink tickets, comped buffet, and my team absolutely shutting down Ovi and the Caps.

Easily one of the best experiences I've ever had at the rink. The goals were all premium as hell. Second and third periods were a bit sloppy in the neutral and offensive zone but for the most part the defense was absolutely suffocating. What a memory I just made.

Edit: before anyone asks I have a friend who does accounting for concessions at TMA.
Sounds sweet. :thumbu:

Unfortunately, I only have friends in low places. :laugh:

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Would have been better if they didn't take their foot off the throat, but as HanSolo says the defense was absolutely suffocating.
They got in a little too close for comfort to our net about four times but the shooting lanes on the high quality chances were sealed off well. Everything else was more or less standard for Fleury to shut down. It wasn't a picture perfect game but it was more than enough to get the win they deserved. Washington was never in it at any point. Backstrom was invisible, and Ovi was forced to run offense from the point cause he had no room on the left wing.

I swear the people who are waiting for this team to "come to earth" clearly haven't watched this team. And I know it's one thing to say we have no stars on the team but Karlsson, Tuch, Marchessault, Neal, Perron, and Schmidt play with star player swagger and skill. Leipsic also is pretty underrated as an offensive engine. He doesn't show up on the scoresheet as much as I'd like but his energetic puck carrying, skating, and possession really helps a lot.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sounds sweet. :thumbu:

Unfortunately, I only have friends in low places. :laugh:
I'm actually friends with Ed Bernstein's daughter too. Did high school mock trial with her so I bet if I greased the wheels well enough I could get hookups that way too haha. The dude owns the name rights to the penalty kill. You know he gets free seats whenever the hell he wants em.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm actually friends with Ed Bernstein's daughter too. Did high school mock trial with her so I bet if I greased the wheels well enough I could get hookups that way too haha. The dude owns the name rights to the penalty kill. You know he gets free seats whenever the hell he wants em.
Sat next to him at the Dallas game, not as great a seats as you'd expect. He might prefer the lower seats over the box though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sat next to him at the Dallas game, not as great a seats as you'd expect. He might prefer the lower seats over the box though.
Probably. His girls were on the suite level. Ran into them while getting a drink at the bar. His older daughter insisted that her dad is hockey crazy so it would make sense that he might prefer closer seats to the box. But I had an incredible view from the box so...eh

The suite level buffet was also incredible. I mean 29 bucks a person but like, that stuff was gourmet. I had fun at Frozen Fury in the nosebleeds but this was something else entirely.

I f***ing hate that I have to be in Albuquerque. But, I'm glad I got to get out to at least one game in this historic season.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I see Ed in the penalty box at every game! :laugh:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Knights 9
Caps 1

Taking my wife to her first game at T-Mobile. I hope she doesn’t find the in game experience as obnoxious and annoying as I do.

Not sure if you're serious, but I think the overall game day experience is decent. It's fun to see how everyone is really getting into this team. Yes the gimmicks are a little cheesy & yes they are catering to people who know NOTHING about hockey, but it's to be expected for a brand new market. One that's not a traditional hockey town, per se.

However, the ONE thing that really bugs me at TMA is the volume level of the sound system for the PA & the music during the pregame & stoppages in play. It's ridiculously loud, totally unnecessary, & beyond obnoxious.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad