GDT: Game 34: Washington Capitals Vs Vegas Golden Knights | Happy Haula-days

What will the Golden Knights get for Christmas?

• VGK 9 Caps 1

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • A Goalie Goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leipsic Scoring a goal

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Coal (a L) Get off my sleigh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Not sure if you're serious, but I think the overall game day experience is decent. It's fun to see how everyone is really getting into this team. Yes the gimmicks are a little cheesy & yes they are catering to people who know NOTHING about hockey, but it's to be expected for a brand new market. One that's not a traditional hockey town, per se.

However, the ONE thing that really bugs me at TMA is the volume level of the sound system for the PA & the music during the pregame & stoppages in play. It's ridiculously loud, totally unnecessary, & beyond obnoxious.

Besides the pre game rock sword thing, I found the PA issue to be too loud as well.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Don't know whether anyone saw this among the Washington fans- a sign that said "We miss you Schmitty! GMGM. not so much"

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
One thing I've noticed that gives me a tickle is how confounding the Knights are to other teams' fans when I read their message boards.

After the expansion draft and prior to the season, it was enthusiastically noted how bad we were going to be because "look at that roster, they have no players, hahaha."

Now it's "the expansion draft wasn't fair, VGK were able to claim too many good players."

:biglaugh:

I guess the Knights are confusing and surprising to many folks in many different ways!

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I meant to post this yesterday but with this win Vegas tied last years expansion team the Colorado Avalanche in total points for the 16/17 season... what do you mean they weren’t an expansion team last season lol

Reactions: Nevada Jones

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Not sure if you're serious, but I think the overall game day experience is decent. It's fun to see how everyone is really getting into this team. Yes the gimmicks are a little cheesy & yes they are catering to people who know NOTHING about hockey, but it's to be expected for a brand new market. One that's not a traditional hockey town, per se.

However, the ONE thing that really bugs me at TMA is the volume level of the sound system for the PA & the music during the pregame & stoppages in play. It's ridiculously loud, totally unnecessary, & beyond obnoxious.
That exactly what I’m talking about. The sound system is obnoxious, the drumbbots are annoying as hell and the Nick Lachey look a like in the sport coat yelling C’mon Vegas!!! we need you now! At every stoppage of play drives me nuts. At least last night we got out to a big enough lead so we didn’t have to hear him screaming so much after the 1st period.

Of course my wife loved the game and experience. But did think sport coat guy is a putz. One of my clients left after the 2nd period so he gave us his tickets down in Sec 15 Row G. Big difference from Sec 225 Row L.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

The gimmicks are the same everywhere now. Over the last year I have been to games in New Jersey, Denver, San Jose and Edmonton. The in break entertainment is exactly the same except for the high volume and the loud MC. It's a copycat league for the lost part. The horn and having local celebrities, plus the drum line are pretty unique and since they aren't overused I don't mind them. But agreed on the volume being ridiculously too high.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think this new fanbase still needs to be led in terms of turning up the energy, and both the loud music and the obnoxious MC help queue them to do that. The last thing I want to see in T-Mobile is a bunch of blue-hairs sitting and calmly watching the game like you see at UK Men's Basketball home games.

One could argue that our team commends the fans so often to sell tickets, but when even opposing players note the fan involvement, that has meaning to me. And for better or for worse, we the crowd still need a little leadership.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think this new fanbase still needs to be led in terms of turning up the energy, and both the loud music and the obnoxious MC help queue them to do that. The last thing I want to see in T-Mobile is a bunch of blue-hairs sitting and calmly watching the game like you see at UK Men's Basketball home games.

One could argue that our team commends the fans so often to sell tickets, but when even opposing players note the fan involvement, that has meaning to me. And for better or for worse, we the crowd still need a little leadership.

I would agree, but does it need to be at such extreme volume levels?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad