GDT: Game 34: New York Rangers @ Florida Panthers, 7pm, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
IIRC the NYR record is 53 wins in our presidents trophy season. We are on pace for almost 60 (yes we’ve had some luck)

But I think given our start and missing Fox and Chytil for long stretches that we should be looking at 55 if we can.
They’re really having a great season. I support bolstering the roster at the deadline but would prefer that it be framed around here as “putting themselves over the top,” as opposed to “they need to make changes because they suck.” I get that it’s been 1 Cup in 85 years and the fanbase has trust issues, but if you can’t enjoy this particular season and team right now what’s the point.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
They’re really having a great season. I support bolstering the roster at the deadline but would prefer that it be framed around here as “putting themselves over the top,” as opposed to “they need to make changes because they suck.” I get that it’s been 1 Cup in 85 years and the fanbase has trust issues, but if you can’t enjoy this particular season and team right now what’s the point.
I’m enjoying the wins but I think we’ve had a lot of breaks so far. The team needs to be better than 50-50 at even strength for me to get too excited.

Of course anything can happen in the playoffs, we know regular season doesn’t matter as much now in the divisional format. But my primary concern is that a team with a committed strategy to limit penalties against us will make it very difficult to succeed

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I’m enjoying the wins but I think we’ve had a lot of breaks so far. The team needs to be better than 50-50 at even strength for me to get too excited.

Of course anything can happen in the playoffs, we know regular season doesn’t matter as much now in the divisional format. But my primary concern is that a team with a committed strategy to limit penalties against us will make it very difficult to succeed
Breaks?! We’ve been missing key players for the whole season so far.

NYRfan39

Dec 29, 2011

I agree with this. Definitely enjoying the Rangers run. But as Fitzy stated, the record is a bit decieving as our 5v5 stats aren't as impressive as our records shows. Its primarily driven by their exceptional Power Play. If the Rangers make a deep playoff run, they cant always count on the PP. You play the same team over and over in the playoffs and it would be wise to stay out of the box against the rangers and once teams adjust and figure out how to successful avoid penalties, Rangers will have to figure out how to win 5v5. Sounds like im complaining, but i not really. Definitely happy overall with the Rangers game, but I do see improvements that could be made.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
100 bucks says the plan is for him to return in game 1 of the postseason. He may be ready before then, maybe not, but we'll use the cap space.

Larry seems to hint at this
Guess we are trading for a center. Can't believe the FO will be happy with Bonino as the 3rd center even if the plan is for Fil to be back in the post season.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wonder if Drury seriously does consider a vatrano and Henrique package out of Anaheim. Gotta be looking at a center right now.

Lindholm Henrique Gourde even all are versatile to move to wing too

Blake Wheeler has 8 pts in his last 7 games do we roll with him and A healthy kakko on the right? He seems to be meshing well with Mika and Kreider lately.

We were ready to run him out of town

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
IMG_0074.JPG

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Needless to say, one of the better analytics performers in the league, this team. Have been for awhile. Stanley Cup Finals and all that. This won't be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad