Game 34: Columbus at Arizona | 12/17 9PM EST

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I can't get tweets or gifs to work so I had to quote it. Sorry. It in fact was happening.

What sorts of troubles are you having? Getting the right info that the tags demand, or something? It's nominally pretty straightforward for GIFs, but tweets and YouTube videos can be really annoying if you don't know the parts of a URL all that well.

(Which still blows my mind - if I had access to the source code for this site, that would cease to be a problem in, like, all of ten minutes tops, including testing. Maybe a half hour if I find fun edge cases along the way. It is ludicrously simple to programmatically extract that info from a string. :shakehead )

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I do not think the FO wants to trade RyJo at all. They want him to be the player that he can be, the true, genuine, honest to goodness, "Number One Center". While I have no proof of this, it would not surprise me that part of the reason for bringing in Torts specifically is that they hope Torts can get RyJo to "be all that he can be". Even if they bench him again, I do not think it means a trade is coming. If after an entire season of working with Torts does not lead to a more consistent level of effort from RyJo, then they may consider trading him in the off-season. But not before then.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
What sorts of troubles are you having? Getting the right info that the tags demand, or something? It's nominally pretty straightforward for GIFs, but tweets and YouTube videos can be really annoying if you don't know the parts of a URL all that well.

(Which still blows my mind - if I had access to the source code for this site, that would cease to be a problem in, like, all of ten minutes tops, including testing. Maybe a half hour if I find fun edge cases along the way. It is ludicrously simple to programmatically extract that info from a string. :shakehead )

I think the source img I was using was the issue. The speed at which the GDT was moving I decided to give up.

Tweets, I dunno what I do wrong, I use the tags but they never show up. I feel like maybe there are somethings I am not supposed to know.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I do not think the FO wants to trade RyJo at all. They want him to be the player that he can be, the true, genuine, honest to goodness, "Number One Center". While I have no proof of this, it would not surprise me that part of the reason for bringing in Torts specifically is that they hope Torts can get RyJo to "be all that he can be". Even if they bench him again, I do not think it means a trade is coming. If after an entire season of working with Torts does not lead to a more consistent level of effort from RyJo, then they may consider trading him in the off-season. But not before then.

From Puck Daddy

In Johansen’s case, Tortorella has been clear with what he’s looking for since he took the Blue Jackets’ gig. From NHL.com, Torts said:

“It's the little things you do as you're trying to become a pro, because Joey has a lot to learn as far as what it is to be a pro. I say that and that shouldn't surprise anybody because he's still a fairly young man in this game. The points are great. That's great. But I don't judge him on the points. I watch his game and we're going through a teaching process. We're trying to get the right type of foundation on what it is to be a pro and what's the definition of competing, what's the definition of hardness, what is the definition of engagement. It's all those things. He's right in the middle of it with us."

"Well, Joey is a little older right now and has been in the League a little longer, but I went through a process with Vinny Lecavalier out in Tampa. I think it's very similar, although Joey is a little bit older. It's my job to make sure that not only him, but everybody is accountable in all these different areas.”

And just like Jay Feaster had Torts' back in Tampa, Blue Jackets management supports him with Johansen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...hat-s-end-game-with-tortorella-203217767.html

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just caught the CMac-Domi collision on then mains.. daaaaaaaaaaang! Shocked he stayed in.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think the source img I was using was the issue. The speed at which the GDT was moving I decided to give up.

Tweets, I dunno what I do wrong, I use the tags but they never show up. I feel like maybe there are somethings I am not supposed to know.

For tweets, you got it right with your edited prior post. It's just the numbers at the end - that's an ID number for the tweet itself that the plugin needs.

YouTube's similar, except they use a mix of letters and numbers, and they sometimes have extra stuff on the end for when you're starting a video midway through or in the middle of a list or stuff like that. Get rid of everything after any & (including the & itself) and then everything before the last / (including the / ) and that's it.

And if I were maintaining the code here I could do that automatically with two regexes so that all you'd need is the URL. But no, we have to force users to do their own url decomposition... :shakehead

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I do not think the FO wants to trade RyJo at all. They want him to be the player that he can be, the true, genuine, honest to goodness, "Number One Center".

I don't think anyway is questioning this obvious statement. They have a lot invested in him and they know what kind of talent he is.

Be sure to continue this in the Johansen thread if it strikes you, as there is where it belongs.

I think we all kind of saw a game like that last night. Your 1/2 pairing not playing as the impact of your most skilled skater the subject of a healthy scratch. Hopefully this will lead to more relaxed players and some more goals.

C-Mac is struggling a bit. Hopefully he can get more relaxed and back into his normal play. We really shouldn't have sat him so long. It really encourages those that don't like him to come back in force. It's pretty tiring to read.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
"CLARKSON SCO-" *broadcast cuts off, sky turns red*

Not to disrupt the humor, but Clarkson has picked up his game quite a bit. I'm not displeased with his recent play. I hope he continues to build on it. He's creating some problems for other teams, that line as a whole is.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not to disrupt the humor, but Clarkson has picked up his game quite a bit. I'm not displeased with his recent play. I hope he continues to build on it. He's creating some problems for other teams, that line as a whole is.
True. I'm just remembering similar jokes made about the goal-scoring prowess of Jan Hejda, once upon a time. :)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
True. I'm just remembering similar jokes made about the goal-scoring prowess of Jan Hejda, once upon a time. :)

Please carry on. I just wanted to give the guy some props. He doesn't get many of those and the effort is there right now.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Was just having some fun. Clarkson's play has been good on 4th/3rd line since he's been back. Contract, and our kvetching about it, will always give an opportunity for humor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad