GDT: Game 34: Blackhawks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I root for Murphy on that team too because I always liked him so it's kind of cool to watch another team once in a while.
Me too. Murph was often the subject of ridicule for many here. I would hope those folks could muster the intellect to realize it would be absolutely wonderful to have him right about now. Not saying I'm bitter about the trade, just that he's a quality assett.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I'd love to see the sequence where we won an ozone faceoff back to him, only for him to randomly blow a tire and fire thepuck over the glass mid-fall in a gif. Made me abruptly bark a LOL so loud it scared the dog...
Stuff like that happens to all players. Good of him to repair his mistake mid-fall and make sure no hawk got a freebie.

Ness clearly isn't a NHLer but don't think he was that big of a problem last night.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Saw Strome getting slashy near the end even before the Richardson incident... made me wonder if he had some kind of axe to grind or if players on the Yotes have an issue with him.

Chychrun gave him a couple of love taps away from the play earlier in the game that I noticed. He did not take them well.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Chychrun gave him a couple of love taps away from the play earlier in the game that I noticed. He did not take them well.

Yea! I thought I also might have seen Strome give Kuemper a little tap on a fly by too at some point but I wasn't sure that actually happened.

One of those sub-plots to the game that I found interesting.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Phatastic

Oct 17, 2018
Stuff like that happens to all players. Good of him to repair his mistake mid-fall and make sure no hawk got a freebie.

Ness clearly isn't a NHLer but don't think he was that big of a problem last night.

Does anyone know what's going on with Capobianco? He seemed to be first in line to come up from Tucson for D-men, but Ness and Russo have both been brought up ahead of him. I thought the organization was happy with his performance, especially last year on the Coyotes before he got injured.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018

He also biffed it on the Towe's goal which allowed an easy shot and nobody there to clear the rebound. He's approaching KConn levels of sliding around the ice on his ass.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Good game. I was sure the Blackhawks would take revenge this time.

Have you asked if all the games can be against them? ;)

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
One of the highlights of the game for me was seeing the terrified look at Strome's face when Richie dropped his gloves and then watching Strome slide behind Gustafsson and 5-6 DeBrincat, who came to his rescue.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone know what's going on with Capobianco? He seemed to be first in line to come up from Tucson for D-men, but Ness and Russo have both been brought up ahead of him. I thought the organization was happy with his performance, especially last year on the Coyotes before he got injured.
The guys who need to be replaced due to injury play Right Defense. Not left. If it was LD who was hurt Copiobianco would have gotten the call up.

Reactions: Jakey53

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Chicken was pushing around everyone. He's really starting to find his comfort zone and get out of that "am I too new to do this?" phase. Toews stopped right in front of the net and Chick basically one armed him right out the way and Toews tried to push back and Chicken just smiled. I love seeing that kind of shit.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The LD/RD thing should go on so far. At some point an average LD is better playing RD than a ****ty RD playing RD.
It's a recent trend, imo. And I think the importance is very overrated. Hammer excels playing on his offside. Oesterle broke in on his offside. It wasn't that long ago that coaches leaned on their best dmen and fed them minutes, and their handedness was an afterthought. Always makes me laugh when fans talk about a good defenseman and say, "we don't need another LHD".

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
A borderline (belongs in the show, or doesn't) defenseman that is proficient at the "off side" can be placed there in the show. A borderline defenseman who is not proficient playing the off side should not be placed there.

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A borderline (belongs in the show, or doesn't) defenseman that is proficient at the "off side" can be placed there in the show. A borderline defenseman who is not proficient playing the off side should not be placed there.

Yeah it’s case-by-case.
With Ness, he should be placed in one place only, and that is in Tucson. Our RD is very shallow with our injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad