Not open for further replies.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Kuemper is the best "ue" placement since Matt Puempel

Reactions: Ail

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I was having a discussion with my cousin over the holiday where he remarked that he's in favor of the hard cap because the league is competitive and in a good place.

I was just like "you care about the league? I barely care about the Rangers."

He's young yet. He'll be a curmudgeon one day.
The most brutal part of the cap is when you actually manage to construct a good team via drafting, trading and free agent signing, you practically immediately have to start tearing it apart because someone needs a new contract and it won't be as cheap as the previous one.

I wouldn't mind some type of modification where you can have few players exempt from cap hits, or lower cap hit % for your own drafted players or for players who have been with the team for X amount of years. Something new instead of this system.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The most brutal part of the cap is when you actually manage to construct a good team via drafting, trading and free agent signing, you practically immediately have to start tearing it apart because someone needs a new contract and it won't be as cheap as the previous one.

I wouldn't mind some type of modification where you can have few players exempt from cap hits, or lower cap hit % for your own drafted players or for players who have been with the team for X amount of years. Something new instead of this system.
NBA has this kind of system which is great.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also the NBA has a super high floor forcing you to field NBA players at all times. Teams obviously still fail but there aren't absolute joke franchises like the Coyotes or the A's.

Even the 2-27 Pistons have talent on their roster. They're just all underperforming and it was constructed very poorly.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Can you do transatlantic passes in a metro division game?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Also the NBA has a super high floor forcing you to field NBA players at all times. Teams obviously still fail but there aren't absolute joke franchises like the Coyotes or the A's.

Even the 2-27 Pistons have talent on their roster. They're just all underperforming and it was constructed very poorly.
NBA’s roster is much smaller though

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't follow the other NA sports that much (I do watch the occasional NFL game or Redzone on Sundays), and I'm not all that familiar with their systems. But because I like to listen to Canadian sports radio via podcasts, I get some exposure. And the amount of player movement in at least the NBA sure brings a much more exciting element to the sport, compared to NHL where fans have to have a notebook and a calculator to figure out if they can bring in some bottom-6 or bottom pairing defensman at the deadline (no, you can't because you are in LTIR and not accruing capspace!). Last free agency was dreadful because practically no good players were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad