GDT: Game 33: New York Islanders Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | On the road again.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
That was a strange one and didn't look too serious until they walked him off.

BTW, have we *ever* won with the retro jerseys?
Not even sure it was puck, but I noticed just before he went down, there was a spasm in the foot. Wonder if it's an achillies

Edit: Not in living memory.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Not even sure it was puck, but I noticed just before he went down, there was a spasm in the foot. Wonder if it's an achillies

Edit: Not in living memory.
Could be an achilles, but it could also have just been a twisted ankle as it looked like his skate/boot briefly collapsed to the side right before he noticed the injury. If so, that's something that can outright cripple you for a couple of minutes but then you can walk it off -- I've only done that about 50 times playing basketball (and which is why my ankles are now the size of grapefruit).

F-----

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Haven't had many of these, losing games we really should have won.... but seeing as we have won games we really should have lost.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Shouldn't have pulled Thompson until we actually had possession in their zone.

Yes, time was getting low but their inability to control the puck shouldn't inform your decision to make a risky pull.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
The Isles are a schizophrenic team, played Boston tough lost to Yotes, beat us. But this was a game that we should have won; just couldn't get enough of a number of good chances to go in.

Still think that Cassidy should start making the team stay the night in a hotel even before home games, at least until they end the home woes.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The Isles are a schizophrenic team, played Boston tough lost to Yotes, beat us. But this was a game that we should have won; just couldn't get enough of a number of good chances to go in.

Still think that Cassidy should start making the team stay the night in a hotel even before home games, at least until they end the home woes.
And road whites really get that away feeling.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Yeah reading some of the comments on twitter, hell even Cassidy "Sometimes we need a save" .... Yeah sure it wasn't a great game from Thompson tonight but he has saved this teams ass more than I can count. No what the team needs is goals, you aren't going to win many scoring only 2 goals.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Yeah reading some of the comments on twitter, hell even Cassidy "Sometimes we need a save" .... Yeah sure it wasn't a great game from Thompson tonight but he has saved this teams ass more than I can count. No what the team needs is goals, you aren't going to win many scoring only 2 goals.
Some of it is Eichel, who generally sets up one goal, and some of it is Cotter who seems to cause one goal even if he is not directly involved with the scoring play.

Some of it is also Cassidy, who has that East Coast "get ahead a goal and then make the other team take bad chances to try to catch up" mentality that I just hate, but that was Tampa's modus operandi for their two Cups. It seems to work well enough in the East, but to get to the SCF we'll likely have to play both the Oilers and the Avs (as they come out of their injury and post-Cup funk), and the only way to beat those teams is to score as often as possible since they will score repeatedly even against the best defenses -- trying to camp on a small lead against those teams is akin to a forfeit.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Some of it is Eichel, who generally sets up one goal, and some of it is Cotter who seems to cause one goal even if he is not directly involved with the scoring play.

Some of it is also Cassidy, who has that East Coast "get ahead a goal and then make the other team take bad chances to try to catch up" mentality that I just hate, but that was Tampa's modus operandi for their two Cups. It seems to work well enough in the East, but to get to the SCF we'll likely have to play both the Oilers and the Avs (as they come out of their injury and post-Cup funk), and the only way to beat those teams is to score as often as possible since they will score repeatedly even against the best defenses -- trying to camp on a small lead against those teams is akin to a forfeit.
Some truth to this, but it seems at home the other team concedes we will dominate play but they pack it in and keep us to the outside and they try to capitalize on our mistakes. The Oilers and Avs play a much more wide open style, don't try to trap and strangle the game and I suspect we could score much more playing them (whether we keep them off the board is a different question to be answered in April and May). I suspect other teams play looser at home than they do at our place, which is why we're more successful on the road.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad