GDT: Game #33 | Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Really starting to piss me off how much Datsyuk is being hit. I know his teammates don't normally have to defend him, but constantly watching him being hit late is not something they should just sit there and take.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Really starting to piss me off how much Datsyuk is being hit. I know his teammates don't normally have to defend him, but constantly watching him being hit late is not something they should just sit there and take.

None of the hits tonight have been anything more than guys finishing their checks. Pavel is just a step behind for the first time since his freshman or sophomore year.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

you're right and that's why you need an enforcer. Not a goon but an enforcer

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
None of the hits tonight have been anything more than guys finishing their checks. Pavel is just a step behind for the first time since his freshman or sophomore year.

Just annoying that he's just sitting there and taking it. Extremely depressing to watch.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Just annoying that he's just sitting there and taking it. Extremely depressing to watch.

It is, but I think he knows he's not 100% yet. Its pissing me off on Pavel's behalf - he's clearly much better than this - but I also can't blame any of the guys who are playing within the rules to poach on him when he's not quite there yet.

Edit: What is encouraging is that he keeps on coming back for more. It'd be worse if he were shying away from it IMO.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Datsyuk looked like an old man this game. Slow, weak, and no quickness.

Let's hope this is only because he had to stay off the ice for a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad