GDT: Game 33: Coyotes @ Blackhawks - 5PM - FSAZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Probably the best game I've seen Duclair play all year. Never took a shift off, never stood around or coasted, was engaged in all facets of play. And this in the second game of a back-to-back. Good for him. Goligoski's pass was a beauty but Duke's positioning was just as pretty.

That third period, though... ugh.

Reactions: Yandover and Mosby

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Rough end to that game. Glad Duke got another goal... had a solid game. I also liked the play of Keller in this one and that line with Strome. Me thinks Keller is going to start heating up again soon. Also, Domi's turnover was pretty brutal at that point. Just can't have that stuff happen.

Stepan not getting a shot off on that breakaway was pretty heartbreaking. Could have been such a game changer. Instead of scoring to tie it.. the team would have been in the lead 1-0 and had some of that pressure of not scoring taken off earlier. I thought it was a poor attempt at a breakaway. Doesn't have to score, but should at LEAST make the goalie make a solid save. Going behind the net there was just... I don't know how his thought process brought him to that conclusion. Not going to rag on him too much, mistakes happen... but it was a pretty big moment in that game, to me.

Next step for the Yotes now that it seems that our defensive side is doing much better recently is to combine that with solid offense that can convert chances. At that point, wins will be flowing right in. This team neeeeeeds to convert on its chances more.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Lots of try.

At this point in the season, we are what we are - a team with more talent than we possibly have ever had in the last 7 years, and yet we can't bring it together this year. Maybe it will happen next year or the year after, but all of the trades that were made were built on the premise of contending sooner, rather than later. Yes, we are young and have a lot of new pieces, but we shouldn't be nearly this bad. And to be honest, we probably aren't but have also experienced some bad luck, too.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Lots of try.

At this point in the season, we are what we are - a team with more talent than we possibly have ever had in the last 7 years, and yet we can't bring it together this year. Maybe it will happen next year or the year after, but all of the trades that were made were built on the premise of contending sooner, rather than later. Yes, we are young and have a lot of new pieces, but we shouldn't be nearly this bad. And to be honest, we probably aren't but have also experienced some bad luck, too.
I'd say we're not bad, just not good enough.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
^^^^^

Sounds like something our old coach used to say regarding getting better players - they just aren't good enough. Now that we have better players, our play and record should be better, right? Neither is that great right now, and it is getting way past time to say that we still have a lot to learn. Yes, we have been on the road often. All teams play 41 road games and sometimes the western U.S. has a more difficult travel schedule to negotiate through. But to come out with 3 straight losses (some in decently played games) really makes me wonder when the team will turn it around, b/c I am also not certain how much of it we can put on the players any more. As people said, even when we look better, we still lose.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The Hawks arent what they were a couple seasons ago, but this was far from an embarassing loss. Two very good periods, a half of an alroght period, and 10 minutes of garbage. You just could feel that second goal coming.

I am having the hardest time telling if this is an issue with the team having no luck, and things will begin swinging in the other direction, if the team is too inexperienced or if the kids are not as talented as their draft potential made it seem.

Another very winnable, and fristrating game, but it wasnt a pathetic performance for thr most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad