Paris
[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By Shoalzie
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Game Information"]
game32.png

TV/Radio:
FS-D, FS-F / NHL Game Radio: here

Referees: Gord Dwyer (#19) and Mike Hasenfratz (#2)
Linesmen: Jonny Murray (#95) and Pierre Racicot (#65)

Click here for the NHL.com preview
[/fieldset]

florida.png

[fieldset="Florida Panthers"]
In the spotlight:
Left Wing | Center | Left Wing
fleischmann.png
|
huberdeau.png
|
upshall.png

Projected Lineup:
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Jonathan Huberdeau | Nick Bjugstad | Tomas Fleischmann
Scottie Upshall | Aleksander Barkov | Brad Boyes
Marcel Goc | Scott Gomez | Sean Bergenheim
Krys Barch | Shawn Matthias | Jimmy Hayes

Left Defenseman | Right Defenseman
Brian Campbell | Tom Gilbert
Dylan Olsen | Erik Gudbranson
Dmitry Kulikov | Mike Weaver

Starting Goaltender
thomas.png

[FIELDSET="Information"][/FIELDSET]

[/FIELDSET]
detroit.png

[fieldset=Detroit Red Wings]
In the spotlight:
Center | Center | Defenseman (R)
datsyuk.png
|
andersson.png
|
kindl.png

Projected Lineup:
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Johan Franzen | Pavel Datsyuk | Todd Bertuzzi
Justin Abdelkader | Stephen Weiss | Daniel Alfredsson
Gustav Nyquist | Joakim Andersson | Tomas Tatar
Daniel Cleary | Cory Emmerton | Drew Miller

Left Defenseman | Right Defenseman
Niklas Kronwall | Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey | Brendan Smith
Brian Lashoff | Jakub Kindl

Starting Goaltender
howard.png

[FIELDSET="Information"][/FIELDSET]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By Shoalzie
[/FIELDSET][/CENTER]

Last edited by a moderator:

NyquistIsMyGod*

Should be a victory. Curious of the type of reaction that Weiss will get in his return. Howard's in net, correct? I'm expecting a bounce back from him.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Should be a victory. Curious of the type of reaction that Weiss will get in his return. Howard's in net, correct? I'm expecting a bounce back from him.

Applause. Panthers' fans, for the most part, love Weiss. I can't say that the casual fan is going to know or understand the circumstances around his departure, but I think overall he'll get cheers. It's unfortunate that he was expected to play beyond his talent level for essentially his entire career. Second line is perfect for him, if he isn't injured and isn't under too much pressure to produce, you'll love him by season's end.

Go Weiss!! :yo::yo::yo: (just not against Florida)

NyquistIsMyGod*

I fear that Stephen Weiss may very well be done as a second liner. He's been through so many injuries. Serious injuries too. He's just 30 too. Confidence lost, injuries, and the pressure that wll certainly be coming is quite a bit. You've also got some kids that will give him a run for that second line job, which he really hasn't had since G5.

I hope I'm wrong. Stephen Weiss hasn't been skating. He refuses to shoot. Refuses to skate with the puck, and he really isnt' strong on it either. In G1, his best game of the season, he was skating hard, and creating a forecheck. Since then, next to nothing. It's frustrating, but most Red Wings fans have stuck by him. He has not been boo'd at the Joe, and the management/Babcock have been very patient.

Maybe it's a one year thing, but a year off is huge with Darren Helm coming up. The ability to split up Hank and Dats, and then Jarnkrok could just be two years or so away. It's worry time with him. He does have the ability, or at least I hope so, that he can turn it around and go back to producing .65 PPG or so.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Applause. Panthers' fans, for the most part, love Weiss. I can't say that the casual fan is going to know or understand the circumstances around his departure, but I think overall he'll get cheers. It's unfortunate that he was expected to play beyond his talent level for essentially his entire career. Second line is perfect for him, if he isn't injured and isn't under too much pressure to produce, you'll love him by season's end.

Weiss is in danger to replace Cleary as the scapegoat if he doesnt start to produce...

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

He's been dreadful most of the season unfortunately. When most of the lineup was healthy, he was centering the 4th line.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Wings skating with same lines today in Florida they practiced with yesterday: 93-13-44, 8-90-11, 14-18-21, 71-25-20. 37 scratched.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I hope Datsyuk is not rushing back to the line up. (I am sure the doctors cleared him)

I think Howard will play well this game. Like the Islanders game.

tunasnacks*

I think the Nyquist, Andy, Tatar line is the obvious "2nd line" and will jump ahead in ice time over the Abby, Weiss, Alfie line.
Hoping Weiss can light the lamp but I have my doubts.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Worst highlight tape ever. :laugh: Did he score the second goal with his face?

So basically his goals are either
1. On a rush/break away
2. PP

He uses one move most of the time (back hand to forward between defender's leg).
It's funny how almost half of goals shown are against the Leafs.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Think of how short his Red Wing highlight film would be.

Come on Weiss- grab your piece of cheese

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Weiss has played pretty bad for us so far.

He has looked good playing in about 2-4 games tops. Invisible outside of that.

I really hope he has a good game, He needs it before we get Helm/Z back. Or he will be on 4th line rest of the year resulting in MASSIVE trade speculation IF anyone would take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad