Post-Game Talk: Game 32: Avalanche 3-0 BLACKHAWKS | Blah blah blah...We got Varlamov'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I would put the Nashville game as our worst, this is certainly our worst at home. II don't give Varlomov too much credit, I think damn near every goalie in the league would have sht us out tonight. Now back on the road where we have mostly stunk, and we play an Oilers team that had won 6 straight before losing in NY tonight

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Same thing was said last year, literally the same stuff. If I remember correctly, that didn't turn out too shabby. It's a long season, they'll have some stinkers, actually they'll have a lot of them. That's the way the Hawks have been for a while now. They've been playing a lot better as of late and had a poor game against a team that seems to have our number.

This is not the same roster as last year. Honestly, they don't win the Cup last year without Vermette.

I'm hoping the Daley trade provides some cap room to allow something similar to happen

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I think our blue line is the biggest problem. Preferably you want a PMD with some speed on every pairing, at least on your top two pairings anyway. Right now we have ONE dman with speed (Keith), and 4 defensemen (the rest that aren't paired with Keith)that don't complement each other at all.

Right now we struggle mightily in transition on both ends and lack the speed and outlet passing to help our forwards with theirs.

Unless Stan has a master plan with a specific dman trade target that can alleviate the above, the Daley trade was ****ing ********. Yes, he wasn't playing great but (as is) this creates a lot more problems than what we had with him here.

We actually have too many players with substandard speed on the roster right now. If players like Bickell, Rasmussen, Mashinter, etc. have no discernable skills, then they do nothing but kill roster spots. It's questionable to have one on the roster, having two is ridiculous, and three is utterly dumbfounding.

There simply isn't enough talent or cohesion right now to be ceding time to lesser players. It could (potentially) be what keeps us out of the playoffs.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Enough of this streak BS, it is now time to concentrate on getting a playoff spot.

Please find a way to get Bickell and that fat contract out of Chicago.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
At least Kane's streak surpassed Crosby's. A huge accomplishment to make it to 26 games in this day and age.

Sad to see the effort out there tonight. Expected when we play Colorado, but I wasn't impressed with anybody outside of Crow and Hoss tonight.

Also, a great reminder that the Avs have had our number for years (remember they ended our nice start in 2013), and we shouldn't panic over an embarrassing regulation loss to them.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
This team has 0 consistency this year. Will put up a nice record for 4-5 games, then get blown out by some mediocre squad because the entire roster looks disinterested. :shakehead

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
This is not the same roster as last year. Honestly, they don't win the Cup last year without Vermette.

I'm hoping the Daley trade provides some cap room to allow something similar to happen

Yes Stan needs to get this team a quality lwer for sure and ?

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
I can't think of a single player that looked good. Every forward was terrible.

Crazy as it sounds, Scuderi was the only Hawks player who I don't recall making any mistakes.

Totally wrong. He was responsible for the 2nd AVs goal. The AV player beat him to the puck that should been an icing on the AVs. Scuds is just too too so slow. In the 3rd period, he was perfect because he hardly played. This is from someone who just loved watching this bum screw up the pens. LOL Hawk fans with your new toy.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Missed the game but I just saw the Shaw hit. **** like that gets our skill guys hurt because teams look for revenge. Stupid play by a player that was finally showing life. I hope he gets 2 games.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
From reading about the game it sounds like 47 was slow and 32 was terrible again. Hopefully we bring up Goose and Pokka to infuse some speed into the line up and roll with these pairings.

Keith-Seabs
Hammer-Pokka
TVR-Goose

I know Pokka is a rookie with no experience but the kid can play and this protects him till the playoffs.

Overall sounds like it was just a dead game. They happen but should not happen this often. I still like the talent this team has and I think they will turn it up soon.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I agree about Pokka not being ready.

Gus on the other hand shouldn't have been sent back down the last time. Decent enough defensively, good offensively, gives us needed speed on the back end, and can play either side. What a waste having him in the AHL.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Until Stan cuts his losses with regard to #5 its unlikely we see Gus or Svedberg or Pokka

Right now the biggest problem is the lack of anything remotely resembling a scoring line beyond Kane line

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Until Stan cuts his losses with regard to #5 its unlikely we see Gus or Svedberg or Pokka

Right now the biggest problem is the lack of anything remotely resembling a scoring line beyond Kane line

Scoring can be fixed by making some changes to our D. Help jumpstart the offense. Rosi is a bigger concern to me right now because he has been brutal.

Goose needs to come up for sure and play.

Our team is treading water right now but some how we are still in the playoffs. Need to get it going sooner rather than later but the pieces are here. If we can win with 1 line going imagine what we can do with all 4 rolling. Team has potential but they need to get out of this funk and get back to consistent hockey.

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
Hawks didn't look sharp, but gotta hand it to the Avs. Played their nads off tonight; fast, aggressive on the forecheck. Looked like a playoff game.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Can you elaborate to why he is not ready?

I don't really have exact examples.
Just from watching him. I wish I could be more specific, but it is more of a feeling than a fact.

He wasn't great at the beginning of the season, and keeps getting better everytime I watch him.
So I think him getting first line minutes for at least a few more months is better for him

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

This. And adding Rozy back into the fold also was not a good move by Stanley. Kinda locks up two spots with absolute garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad