Post-Game Talk: Game 32: Avalanche 3-0 BLACKHAWKS | Blah blah blah...We got Varlamov'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
After 32 games played our +/- leader is Erik Gustafsson at +5 ...yet he is down in the Rock...also the PP was humming with Rundblad qb at LD point but he was back benched for last night's game and that went well did it not? Q 's thinking process seems a bit muddled to me..Maybe his brain is turning geezer ed. ..needs to bag-skate Toews and not excuse Hossa from morning practices because Hossa needs a special practice for shooting drills in order to beat goalies with his shot...

Yes, lets tire our captain out even more.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Avs are arguably the fastest team in the NHL and McKinnon and Duchene might be the two fastest skaters in the league. I'm not going to fault a guy getting beat by speed. That happens to every team in he league every night.

I'm more concerned about terrible d zone exits that lead to extended offensive pressure by the opponent. 57 had a few early and 32 had a number of them. I don't recall seeing an errant pass by Scuderi

avs fan here... avs aren't one of the fastest team in the league, not even close. i don't think any avs fan would feel that they are. avs do have two of the best skaters in the league that you mentioned but the rest of the group is average to skating in molasses slow. they don't really play fast either, unless one of those two or barrie has the puck.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
avs fan here... avs aren't one of the fastest team in the league, not even close. i don't think any avs fan would feel that they are. avs do have two of the best skaters in the league that you mentioned but the rest of the group is average to skating in molasses slow. they don't really play fast either, unless one of those two or barrie has the puck.

Comeau and Scuderi were in the same position on the ice when the Avs iced that puck. Comeau would have beat most Dmen not named Keith in that situation.

And to the PIT fans coming in here, it wasn't even Scuderi who he beat to the puck, it was Roszival.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
-What we do know is that Statler and Waldorf was just as bad as we feared, though a whole lot more quickly. And the few times they got left out there against the Avs’ top line is was basically a snuff film. There was one moment in the 3rd, where Duchene cut inside across Scuderi (for the third time in the game) and Scuderi fell down. Didn’t get the play that Beauchemin eating it did, but it was basically the same.

What’s striking is just how much room those two give anyone at the blue line. You can can dabb, shimmy, dougie, or whatever else you want across the Hawks blue line when those two are out there. And the Hawks’ whole game is about forcing things at the blue line. It won’t be for the 15 minutes they’re out there. The highlight of course had to be them standing and staring as noted Hockey Messi Blake Comeau beat them out to an icing, circled round and found Redmond.

http://thecommittedindian.com/its-ned-ryerson-avs-3-hawks-0/#more-15376

giphy.gif

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Comeau and Scuderi were in the same position on the ice when the Avs iced that puck. Comeau would have beat most Dmen not named Keith in that situation.

And to the PIT fans coming in here, it wasn't even Scuderi who he beat to the puck, it was Roszival.

It looked like a turtle race between 32/47 but both were beat. It was a comedy of errors that began when both dman were virtually left standing still. Crawford expected the icing so left the puck alone, and all Hawks were left flat footed expecting the same, including Bickell. His check got the goal but it was exactly that type of sluggishness that Hawk fans feared would happen when Q announced that 32/47 were to be paired up. If that tandem continues or 5/47 or 5/32, expect more of the same in upcoming games. Nice trade Stan.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
After 32 games played our +/- leader is Erik Gustafsson at +5 ...yet he is down in the Rock...also the PP was humming with Rundblad qb at LD point but he was back benched for last night's game and that went well did it not? Q 's thinking process seems a bit muddled to me..Maybe his brain is turning geezer ed. ..needs to bag-skate Toews and not excuse Hossa from morning practices because Hossa needs a special practice for shooting drills in order to beat goalies with his shot...

Ahh, the first call for a bag skate this season. And its at the captain, who looks exhausted. Nice

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It looked like a turtle race between 32/47 but both were beat. It was a comedy of errors that began when both dman were virtually left standing still. Crawford expected the icing so left the puck alone, and all Hawks were left flat footed expecting the same, including Bickell. His check got the goal but it was exactly that type of sluggishness that Hawk fans feared would happen when Q announced that 32/47 were to be paired up. If that tandem continues or 5/47 or 5/32, expect more of the same in upcoming games. Nice trade Stan.

It would have been fine if Bickell just took his man, but he didn't.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It would have been fine if Bickell just took his man, but he didn't.

Uh huh... you're so predictable. Go ahead, blame it all on BB. I'm sure you'll get others to follow you. Truth 1/ Daley would have easily beat the icing. Truth 2/ Q has no business pairing any 2 of those 3 slugs... especially against a fast team like Avs. It was painfully obvious going in to this game. The entire hockey world knows it, but Q, and you of course because Q/Stan/Hawks front office can do no wrong.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Uh huh... you're so predictable. Go ahead, blame it all on BB. I'm sure you'll get others to follow you. Truth 1/ Daley would have easily beat the icing. Truth 2/ Q has no business pairing any 2 of those 3 slugs... especially against a fast team like Avs. It was painfully obvious going in to this game. The entire hockey world knows it, but Q, and you of course because Q/Stan/Hawks front office can do no wrong.

What is wrong about what I said? If Bickell picked up his man, there probably is no goal scored on that play. Yes, another Dman "could have" beat the icing. That doesn't exempt Bickell from doing his job.

And I agree, him and Rozy shouldn't play together, they should bring up Gus and play him every night and rotate Scuderi and Rozy. But that isn't happening apparently.

And I think I have said quite a few times this year alone that Stan messed up something, and Q has messed up something. You only hear what you want to hear.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
IMHO Scud and Rosie being slow is expected.

Bickell taking his man is hockey 101.

I think the onus is more on Bickel forgetting how to hockey than Rosival and Scuderi being what we know they are.

At least on that play.

The fact that through the entire game all of the skaters has passes less accurate than the average Star Wars imperial storm trooper (as in couldn't hit the broadside of Rosie O'donnel) is IMHO the biggest worry of the game.

At least Scuderi was not afraid to make life miserable for anyone trying to park in front of Crawford. You could not say the same for the bulk of the rest of the D.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
IMHO Scud and Rosie being slow is expected.

Bickell taking his man is hockey 101.

I think the onus is more on Bickel forgetting how to hockey than Rosival and Scuderi being what we know they are.

At least on that play.

The fact that through the entire game all of the skaters has passes less accurate than the average Star Wars imperial storm trooper (as in couldn't hit the broadside of Rosie O'donnel) is IMHO the biggest worry of the game.

At least Scuderi was not afraid to make life miserable for anyone trying to park in front of Crawford. You could not say the same for the bulk of the rest of the D.

Okay, if we want to break the play down completely .... after the 2 slugs caused the issue: then what is the goaltender 101 on such a play? Don't take the chance and play the puck, that's what.

So there you have it, and Hawks didn't score a single goal in this game, so it's all irrelevant anywhooo.

Agreed about the biggest worry part though. Not expectantly, ops are keying on the Party line and that line is being checked to the ground lately, and there's are no others taking up the slack.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Not going to defend Bickell. ..blown coverage on his check...you need to support and cover for your d-men in your zone when they get beat or make their own mistakes..and YET when Toews makes coverage mistakes as he has been due to laziness and lack of hustle so often in his own zone this season it NEVER gers blown up on these boards as much as when Bickell makes a mistake...

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
What is wrong about what I said? If Bickell picked up his man, there probably is no goal scored on that play. Yes, another Dman "could have" beat the icing. That doesn't exempt Bickell from doing his job.

And I agree, him and Rozy shouldn't play together, they should bring up Gus and play him every night and rotate Scuderi and Rozy. But that isn't happening apparently.

And I think I have said quite a few times this year alone that Stan messed up something, and Q has messed up something. You only hear what you want to hear.

This is all accurate. I don't even know what Bobby's disagreeing with.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not going to defend Bickell. ..blown coverage on his check...you need to support and cover for your d-men in your zone when they get beat or make their own mistakes..and YET when Toews makes coverage mistakes as he has been due to laziness and lack of hustle so often in his own zone this season it NEVER gers blown up on these boards as much as when Bickell makes a mistake...

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad