BRUINS GDT GAME 32 7:08 PM - Festivus in St Paul - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
44 years ago, on December 23, 1979, the Bruins had an 'Airing of grievances' at Madison Square Garden

1703363274942.png

1703363325612.png

1703363359391.png

TONIGHT’S GAME-The Bruins visit the Wild tonight in the second of two games between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit to Xcel Energy Centre this year ... The Bruins are 19-6- 6 overall this season and they are 9-4-3 on the road ... They are 9-1-2 in games vs.Western Conference teams this season.- The Bruins play the fifth of their 12 sets of back-to-back games this season last in Winnipeg (5-1 loss) and tonight in Minnesota ...They are currently 3-2-0 in the first game of those sets and 2-1-1 in the second games.-The Bruins conclude their two-game road trip in Minnesota tonight ... They play in Buffalo on 12/27 and will finish the year hosting New Jersey on 12/30 and playing in Detroit on 12/31.

MILESTONES APPROACHING- Kevin Shattenkirk is 1 goal short of his 100th NHL goal.- Pavel Zacha is 2 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.- Pavel Zacha is 4 games shy of his 500th NHL game.- Brandon Carlo is 7 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (54 Man-games lost)- Matt Grzelcyl: Day-to-day- Derek Forbort: LTIR

BOSTON vs MINNESOTA, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Wild are meeting for the 32nd time in their histories with a 14-15-0-2 mark and the Wild holding 81-78 scoring edgein those games.- The Bruins are 8-6-0-1 lifetime in 15 games at Minnesota with a 38-33 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins have just four teams with a winning record over Boston (ANA, DET, MIN and MTL) overall, but the Bruins have awinning record over the Wild at Xcel Energy Center.

Tonight's Officials

1703363132573.png
1703363150840.png

Referees Garrett Rank (7), Furman South (13)
Linespersons Jesse Marquis (86), Justin Johnson (57)

The Boston Bruins and Minnesota Wild will renew acquaintances for the second time this week, completing their season series with a pre-holiday date Saturday night in St. Paul, Minn.

Minnesota has won of five of its past six games, including back-to-back 4-3 overtime triumphs on Tuesday in Boston and Thursday against Montreal. Previously, the Wild had a three-game win streak snapped Monday in Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile, Boston will be completing a back-to-back after seeing its streak of four straight overtime games (1-0-3) snapped in a 5-1 loss at Winnipeg Friday.

Kirill Kaprizov has scored Minnesota's past two overtime game-winners, joining defenseman Brent Burns as only the second player in Wild history to tally overtime winners in consecutive games. Burns did that in March 2007.

"Good players find ways in those situations," Minnesota coach John Hynes said of Kaprizov. "That's why he's such a good offensive player. It's just the instincts to get to spots where you can score. It's not a coachable thing. That's why guys like him are special players."

Kaprizov and Marco Rossi each had a goal and two assists against Montreal.

Following Chicago's Connor Bedard, Rossi -- who had a Gordie Howe hat trick after fighting the Canadiens' Kaiden Guhle -- is the second NHL rookie to reach the 20-point mark this season.

Minnesota is 9-3-0 since Hynes was named head coach on Nov. 27, but injuries to defensemen Jonas Brodin and Jared Spurgeon, and to forwards Mats Zuccarello and Ryan Hartman, have made the back half of that run even more impressive.

"It's not easy," Wild forward Marcus Foligno said. "This is a hurt lineup. But at the same time, this is the character we have. We're deep, and we have character guys that want to play the right way, and John has us with the right message and identity."

The quick turnaround comes at a great time for the Bruins, who have now gone since Dec. 9 without a regulation win and are in the midst of their second three-game skid already this season. They have lost five of seven (2-2-3).

Boston was shut out until defenseman Brandon Carlo scored with 5:38 left in the third period on Friday.
Winnipeg held the star duo of 19-goal scorer David Pastrnak and captain Brad Marchand to a single shot on goal. As a team, the Bruins had logged just 13 shots through two periods and finished the game winning just 42.6 percent of faceoffs.

"I think our compete level (was most disappointing)," Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said. "We didn't win enough one-on-one battles. It started in the faceoff circle and it just spiraled downhill from there."

"We didn't come to play (Friday night), and that's on us," Carlo said. "... We're just going to continue to move forward."

Another veteran Bruin, Jake DeBrusk, also failed to record a shot against the Jets and has yet to score a goal this month.

"It consumes you," Montgomery said Thursday before the trip began. "No different than a baseball player, or a quarterback who hasn't thrown a touchdown in three quarters. It's your job, right? And when it's your job, it consumes you."

Prior to Friday, James van Riemsdyk had been on a strong run with points in four consecutive games.

The Bruins will be without defenseman Matt Grzelcyk for a second straight game. He did not make the trip north after suffering an upper-body injury early in Tuesday's first period against Minnesota, though he did return after the intermission that night.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter flew overnight, and I picked her up at Logan at 8 AM this morning. She is asleep on the couch.

My older (non-hockey fan) sister is on her way from the Berkshires.

I am tired but will cheer hard for our boys tonight.

I am happy it is an early game. I am sure they would like to get home to their families.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Bruins win 3-2

Down 2 goals with five minutes left they get 3 goals in 90 seconds. They board explodes and Monty sprouts some hair. Christmas miracle

I drink a quart of Irish Whiskey while standing on one foot and signing Christmas carols…..out of tune

Let’s Go Bruins!!!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I am hoping for a festivus miracle Debrusk with hatty
He's going to score tonight and people will still hate on him and want to trade him for a package of spoiled sausages. So I say, I hope he scores a hatty, has 3 assists, and gets into a fight. Then flips off everyone and then goes on a tear for the rest of the year.

We all need a Christmas miracle. Hope for good things for players instead of being miserable bah humbugs.
Screenshot_20231129_210421_Facebook.jpg

Then when he does all that they'll be the one person who will say "LOOK HES POUTING!" :sarcasm:

(Got to put out good juju into the Universe and hope the Hockey God's reward him)

Hopefully he's on a line with Zacha so we can see the chemistry we saw so briefly earlier in the season.

Reactions: bme44

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He's going to score tonight and people will still hate on him and want to trade him for a package of spoiled sausages. So I say, I hope he scores a hatty, has 3 assists, and gets into a fight. Then flips off everyone and then goes on a tear for the rest of the year.

We all need a Christmas miracle. Hope for good things for players instead of being miserable bah humbugs.
View attachment 789447

Then when he does all that they'll be the one person who will say "LOOK HES POUTING!" :sarcasm:

(Got to put out good juju into the Universe and hope the Hockey God's reward him)

Hopefully he's on a line with Zacha so we can see the chemistry we saw so briefly earlier in the season.
No one hates him :rolleyes:. Fans want him to contribute and if he does, they would be thrilled FOR THE TEAM

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
This year's Bruins team has had a habit of bucking statistical trends, but...

The Bruins have won 8 games in a row that have been reffed by Furman South.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No one hates him :rolleyes:. Fans want him to contribute and if he does, they would be thrilled FOR THE TEAM
Susan, this fanbase is big. There are people who DO hate him. That's just realistic. I'm not even talking specifically about people on this message board. There are people who do hate certain players. I hate Tom Wilson, there are fans who love him. That's what I'm talking about.

Meanwhile I said we sucked so bad last name that Brad Marchand had NO shots on goal and you said that I said it's "his fault". Which wasn't true. Because I never said that. I think Monty is using Brad too much and relying on a 35 year old guy with new hips as often as he's doing is wearing him down. That's just my opinion. You can disagree with my thoughts on Brad. But I never, ever blamed him for last game.

It's Christmas time. I hope the ENTIRE team, entire team plays well tonight. And players who aren't playing well like Jake, Grizz, Hampus, and others, get on board tonight. Nothing wrong with some positivity here. So that's my tongue in cheek comment with Jake scoring a hatty. Maybe if we will it, it'll happen.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Susan, this fanbase is big. There are people who DO hate him. That's just realistic. I'm not even talking specifically about people on this message board. There are people who do hate certain players. I hate Tom Wilson, there are fans who love him. That's what I'm talking about.

Meanwhile I said we sucked so bad last name that Brad Marchand had NO shots on goal and you said that I said it's "his fault". Which wasn't true. Because I never said that. I think Monty is using Brad too much and relying on a 35 year old guy with new hips as often as he's doing is wearing him down. That's just my opinion. You can disagree with my thoughts on Brad. But I never, ever blamed him for last game.

It's Christmas time. I hope the ENTIRE team, entire team plays well tonight. And players who aren't playing well like Jake, Grizz, Hampus, and others, get on board tonight. Nothing wrong with some positivity here. So that's my tongue in cheek comment with Jake scoring a hatty. Maybe if we will it, it'll happen.
I still don't think people hate DeBrusk. I think there's frustration when the team is going through a rough patch while simultaneously one of their best scorers has gone ice cold. Does he get a bigger share of the blame than he should? Absolutely. But it's disappointing when you know what he's capable of.

It's not like Tom Wilson (who I also have no respect for). Quite the opposite. People have expectations for Jake based on past results. They're (we're) disappointed that he's not executing to those expectations.

I hope (like you and everyone else) that it starts clicking for him. Right now, he could be the tipping point between having a top tier team and this meh-looking 500 club that we've watched for the last few weeks. We need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad