GDT: Game 31 | Senators vs Bruins | Everything is "Fine" Edition | Mon Dec 9th 7:30PM | TSN5, RDS

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
On the Pageau empty net goal. Hypothetically, if Pageau lost the puck because of that hook and the Bruins touched it, would the Sens have been awarded an automatic goal? Just curious.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
One of the best defensive games I have seen an Ottawa team play in a long time, they shutdown one of the best lines in hockey today as well as one of the best teams in the NHL this yr. Great defensive game & the offence came when they needed it too.

Reactions: Viletho and Cosmix

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not sure what you mean, it was well-deserved win. Bruins were outplayed up until the last couple of minutes.

We dominated the first, and then Boston dominated the last two periods(more so in the 3rd) where they outshot us 32-14. Not sure which game you were watching. If Nilsson doesn't stand on his head we don't win this.

Not saying we didn't deserve to win mind you, but this was ugly any way you look at it.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
We dominated the first, and then Boston dominated the last two periods(more so in the 3rd) where they outshot us 32-14. Not sure which game you were watching. If Nilsson doesn't stand on his head we don't win this.

Not saying we didn't deserve to win mind you, but this was ugly any way you look at it.

It wasn't an ugly game. We played well defensively, and kept them to the perimeter. The Bruins did look good in the second, but we closed out the game pretty well in the third.

Reactions: Deku and Variable26

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Ottawa played a strong game. Maybe not for the full 60 minutes but it was far from an ugly win.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
So did the Bruins play bad or did the Senators play above and beyond. Or is hockey just a crapshoot and the parity in the league is scaled back due to favorable schedules and other variables such as injuries and the such...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
So did the Bruins play bad or did the Senators play above and beyond. Or is hockey just a crapshoot and the parity in the league is scaled back due to favorable schedules and other variables such as injuries and the such...

I liked the way the Sens played tonight, better than the last one against the Bruins. Last time they couldn't score a goal on a sleeping Bruins team. This time they made things happen offensively and Nilsson played well. Demelo looked real solid again.

Reactions: Cosmix

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The good news is: this organization is world renowned for getting these things done. Like with Duchene, Stone and Karlsson for example.

You mean when it was time to get away from a core that couldn’t win who were all looking for a huge payday?
I remember the Alf Spezza and heater all getting payed when they were always winning and making the playoffs, I remember Chabot and white gettin paid nice for no real reason.
As much as you don’t want to admit it something was stinky with those guys together.
It sucks and all but locking up a last place team on the back half of their careers probably would be 13 or so years of garbage.
If those guys take up 30+ million how on earth does the team get better?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I am not sure what game you were watching. We grabbed a 3 to 1 lead. But for our own offensive ineptitude it could have been 5 to 1. We were getting to pucks first. We were winning battles. They pushed. We sat back.

We had 64% of high danger corsi
57% of xGF.

Solid win against one of the leagues top teams.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Tierney now at 17 points after some inconsistency issues during the season. Picking up some value for the deadline :naughty:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
You mean when it was time to get away from a core that couldn’t win who were all looking for a huge payday?
I remember the Alf Spezza and heater all getting payed when they were always winning and making the playoffs, I remember Chabot and white gettin paid nice for no real reason.
As much as you don’t want to admit it something was stinky with those guys together.
It sucks and all but locking up a last place team on the back half of their careers probably would be 13 or so years of garbage.
If those guys take up 30+ million how on earth does the team get better?

Perhaps I wouldn't have kept Karlsson, but I would have done anything to keep Stone and Duchene. What would we have lost from our roster? Nothing at all and suddenly you have two elite players on your top line.

And then the other hand is that you're bang on. Something was off. I hated watching that team and I like watching this team. Is it speed? Coaching? Or are you right and those guys are not exactly what we thought they were.

Still maintain though, anything to keep stone. 10 million a year? Sure.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Bruins were slow out of the gate, and Ottawa was ready to go. Even though Boston pushed, Ottawa continued to match their effort and intensity. It was a big win, but some people want a Picasso every time this team wins. I will just settle for the odd win and team building. And players earning their minutes while also making it easy for management to identify who to keep

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
IMO Brown should not be up with Ottawa to play on the 4th line and cannot be trusted to play in close games or holding the lead. I want to see a 4th line that can play on this team. That 4th line will have to be defense 1st that is fast, can finish checks and be reliable defensively. This playing with 3 lines and playing the shit out of Connor Brown and JGP can't last forever.

There really isn't much sheltering to be had with this roster. Sure there are Vets but for the most part they can't shelter anyone.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad