GDT: Game 31: Red Wings vs ducks 7:00 pm et 12/18/23 (ESPN+, BSD+)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Mo has had a stretch of really poor play lately. Bad passes, bad vision, too aggressive, not aggressive enough.... just all over the place. Definitely not steady and consistent.

Raymond had a terrible game. TERRIBLE. I don't think he made one good decision all night. He is thinking far too much and trying to force plays.

Whether that means they should sit when the game is on the line, I don't know. But let's not pretend like they were burning down villages all season.
I'm sure he'll be able to work the kinks out in practice... so he can become super steady and consistent like all the other D on our roster currently...

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
True blame the Sweden trip for that but there are no rookies on this team. Adjustments can be made. You just can't continue playing bad hockey and expect to win.
Yea I agree there, but it just seems like no one has the legs or jump game in and game out and Im starting to wonder if all these games in a row is the cause.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Lyon injured, Husso Injured. Any chance we see Cossa dress as backup? Would be nice to get on the ice with the big club, give him a taste.

Also bring Ed up ffs.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The team is not skating with any energy, they are off, and are getting injured left and right. They are either exhausted or playing while having the flu... or both.

This is not the same team. It's not coaching. I hope they rest up / heal and go on a roll after Christmas break.

Heavy schedule. There's no breaks. They were hot instantly after the Sweden Trip, because there was only 2 games for 11 days.

After the 6 off days, ENERGY was there and they had a winning streak:

1702974005253.png

And since Kane joined, there has been insane load of games and it will go only worse towards Christmas.

1702974065074.png

That's 10 games in 17 days.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
For all the complaints about Seider's icetime, he's played the 12th most minutes in the NHL since entering the league.

How desperate are we to put heavy mileage on him early in his career?
Had he not been a hockey player, MFer was going to go into pro-cycling. Stamina is the least of Mo's worries.

Oct 18, 2006
Seider hasn't been that good lately. Maybe he is not at 100%
Finished watching the game. To everyone complaining about Seider’s lack of TOI, I think it’s good. The guy is looking lazy too often. He could be dominating but instead he is coasting. Send a message, if you want big minutes, earn them.

Also Raymond had probably his worst game of the season.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Finished watching the game. To everyone complaining about Seider’s lack of TOI, I think it’s good. The guy is looking lazy too often. He could be dominating but instead he is coasting. Send a message, if you want big minutes, earn them.

Also Raymond had probably his worst game of the season.
What about the way the Wings are currently operating leads you to believe that "earn" has anything to do with anything?

Oct 18, 2006
What about the way the Wings are currently operating leads you to believe that "earn" has anything to do with anything?
It doesn’t really, and you make a good point. But I just see Seider skate lazily too often, not show the required intensity, maybe Lalonde is trying to get a message to him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Husso crapped the bed again?

Why is Seider playing so little? If he is hurt say so, otherwise play the guy.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
It doesn’t really, and you make a good point. But I just see Seider skate lazily too often, not show the required intensity, maybe Lalonde is trying to get a message to him.

Hint: Maybe that happens, when you surround a young defenseman (who has the right mindset overall) with a bunch of overpaid mediocrity? What message do you want to send him?

Looking at our current D and their contracts, Mo should demand 9+ in contract talks..

Reactions: raymond23

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Heavy schedule. There's no breaks. They were hot instantly after the Sweden Trip, because there was only 2 games for 11 days.

After the 6 off days, ENERGY was there and they had a winning streak:

View attachment 786243

And since Kane joined, there has been insane load of games and it will go only worse towards Christmas.

View attachment 786244

That's 10 games in 17 days.

The wings put themselves in a position where they need to win the next 3 games just to catch up. They're sinking like a stone in the standings.

Reactions: DatsDeking

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I think the heavy schedule is catching up with them. They look tired. They are basically playing every other day other than back to backs
I’ve read this now a handful of times from other posters here so I don’t mean to come across like an ass…

That being said - are these guys 11 year olds on the verge of puberty??!!

There’s no way in he-double hockey sticks that they should be ‘gassed’ or ‘tired’ regardless of their schedule…If that’s the case then Yzerman really ought to fire the entire coaching and training staff for this debacle.

This time of the season these guys should be in elite level condition..If not :ha:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Dallas and Buffalo don’t seem to have this concern with Dahlin and Heiskanen.

This is what you do with #1 defenseman.
Can you give him the big minutes you want without playing him on the #1 PP unit? I think I could take or leave him on the top PP unit. Apart from that I think you need to play him as much as possible even if he isn't playing his absolute best (which has clearly been the case through this stretch. He just looks tired for lack of a better word). He is the best player on this team and his bad play is considerably better than the average play of his colleagues. I also think the loss of the centers hurt the defensemen more than the forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad