Pre-Game Talk: Game 31 - Oilers vs. Bruins - Dec 14th 5PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I said they were going to win 6 in aa row before they started their streak. One more tonight!! I think they will come out hard tonight. Tomorrow night, not so sure though.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I have no idea what to expect tonight after the Oil have had some time off and been getting praise showered on them for a 5 game streak. Lets hope they like the taste of winning and keep it going! Still have a bit of catching up to do before the break...

I really hope Nikitin doesn't end up being a burden, its a barely contained tire-fire on that backend right now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is a statement game for the Oilers.

A win tonight makes them a legit team that is done with being a bottom feeder.
A loss gives credibility to last road trip and makes Oilers a bottom feeder with one good home stand.

previously the game against the Sharks was a statement game making Oilers a "par" team in Pacific Division and a team that can go head to head vs any team at Home.

A tad overdramatic, don't you think? If they win tonight, they have 2 more points in the standings, if they lose then they don't. It's December 14th, this game doesn't prove much of anything but I fully expect the knives to beat out for everything Oiler if they lose this game because that's how this place rolls.

Don't get me wrong, a win tonight would be great and a loss would suck but lets not make it out to be more than it is. Still plenty of season left.

At least Ference isn't playing, that's a victory in itself.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
It's obvious that Ference is no. 9 or 10 on the depth chart. He may get some more games in this season, but it's going to be his final one in the NHL. His agent did an amazing job to get him that final contract.

I'm hoping Nikitin can come in and at least demonstrate that he can be a useful no.7 guy for the rest of the season.

I have a hunch Talbot is going to have a really solid game.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Guymez was pushing 6-8 weeks as that's how long bone fractures take to heal according to him.

I think he'll be back after the christmas break at the longest. It's not uncommon for players to play through something like this in the playoffs depending what finger it is. Tape the cracked one together with a healthy one and have the trainer make an alteration to his glove. I guess it depends which finger it is and which hand. That's my expert opinion...:laugh:...

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
It's obvious that Ference is no. 9 or 10 on the depth chart. He may get some more games in this season, but it's going to be his final one in the NHL. His agent did an amazing job to get him that final contract.

I'm hoping Nikitin can come in and at least demonstrate that he can be a useful no.7 guy for the rest of the season.

I have a hunch Talbot is going to have a really solid game.

Especially considering he was really only interested in playing in Edmonton in order to be close to home. Another MacT brilliant move.

chance

Embrace the Hate
Oct 9, 2006
Aldo should not be "given" a rematch, he can earn it. McGregor trains in Jeet Kune Do with Ido Portal, he's the next big thing. Aldo didn't prep right for the fight that's his fault, he even predicted how he was gonna knock him out. I called for a first round knock out, wish I betted on it.

That's it for the off topic talk for me, I just want to see the Oilers come out and compete a full 60 minutes.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Nikitin is a perfectly competent and desirable replacement for Klefbom.

Nikitin is a *sob* perfectly competent and desirable replacement for Klefbom.

Nikitin is a perfectly competent and *oh god fight back the tears* desirable replacement for Klefbom.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't mind a Nikitin-Schultz pairing. Honestly, I thought Nikitin looked not terrible in training camp and all reports are he was excellent in the minors.

Actually a little bit optimistic he'll provide some strong play out there.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hey sorry computer died and I was going to make one...it was going to be simple but just used the song "Shipping up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphy's

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Nikitin Schultz

Nikitin Schultz

Nikitin Schultz

Nikitin Schultz

Oh god. Good feelings gone.

They can't be that bad as they are making about as much money as the other four defensemen combined, right?

I actually think Nikitin will have a goal and an assist tonight. Whether he assists on an Oiler's or a Bruin's goal is the question, but I think he will pot one on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad