GDT: Game #31 Avs in Arizona 8pm MST/11pm AST/ March 24th 4am Uncle Risto/ 9am Kingslayer

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Rinne is untouchable? Is he all of a sudden not a 38 year old goalie with no Stanley Cups rings on a contract year making 5mill? If there’s ever a situation that would make sense to move Rinne to a contender, it would be this year.
Thats what they said. Although when they said that, Nashville was further behind the playoffs, now they are like 4 points behind and I'm not sure if they still want to sell

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Rinne is untouchable? Is he all of a sudden not a 38 year old goalie with no Stanley Cups rings on a contract year making 5mill? If there’s ever a situation that would make sense to move Rinne to a contender, it would be this year.

Doesn't sound like Rinne wants to go anywhere, and Poile appears fine with letting him play out the string.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Doesn't sound like Rinne wants to go anywhere, and Poile appears fine with letting him play out the string.

This sounds accurate, just unfortunate. I want Rinne to retire with a ring. Doesn’t matter which team, just there were many goalies that dominated the 2000s that never got one.

Luongo, King Henrik (likely), and Kipper to name a few. Now there’s Miller and Rinne who are in the twilight of their careers playing for teams that are hardly contenders.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This sounds accurate, just unfortunate. I want Rinne to retire with a ring. Doesn’t matter which team, just there were many goalies that dominated the 2000s that never got one.

Luongo, King Henrik (likely), and Kipper to name a few. Now there’s Miller and Rinne who are in the twilight of their careers playing for teams that are hardly contenders.

Yeah, the list is long to be sure. Sometimes a goalie is so good he actually masks some really bad fundamental issues with the team in front of him. That was most definitely the case with Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers.

Rinne's career arc is kind of a weird one. Had a major hip issue early on in his career that really ate into a couple of his prime years, and also Poile kinda waited too long to shift into "go for it" mode.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
The game ended in such a farce I'd completely forgotten about that play. A guy gets hit by someone with their leg sticking out, then gets done for high sticking when he's spun around in the air? It's not physically possible to be in control of your stick when that happens, f*** off.

Thems the rules. Have to be in control of your stick at all times or it's a penalty (other than a shot follow through). It was the right call whether you or anyone else likes it or not. The no call for tripping/kneeing/interference on Chychrun is a different story.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Thems the rules. Have to be in control of your stick at all times or it's a penalty (other than a shot follow through). It was the right call whether you or anyone else likes it or not. The no call for tripping/kneeing/interference on Chychrun is a different story.
2 to Jacob for interference and 4 to Mackinnon for high sticking would have been the right call.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The no interference was a bad call, but the 4 minutes for MacK was right. Got to be in control of your stick. If you changed the rule to "intentionally" high sticking, it becomes meaningless.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I saw a post about the chyrcrum mackinnon fiasco and it hurt my head how many people said mackinnon did that intentionally. How about the guy that stuck his foot out 3 feet. That's on of the dirtiest plays you can do. I hope someone rocks that guy center ice next game.

Chychrun is a good defenseman, but he’s also a dummy that takes a lot of penalties.

He leads Arizona with 14 minors. That's six more than anyone else on the team. Also makes him tied for the 5th most minors in the entire NHL.

A month or so ago he took three blatant tripping/interference penalties in the first ten minutes against the Avs, but was only called for one.

In this game he takes a bad tripping penalty that stifled Arizona’s momentum in a 2-0 game and gave the Avs a PP goal. Then his first shift back he trips Jost, who then high sticks a guy as he’s falling, but they only called Jost for some reason.

Then he got hit with Nate’s stick in the face because just like Jost, he blatantly interfered with him by sticking both is leg and arm out to spin him around as Nate was chasing down a loose puck. A very dangerous play that could have easily blown out Nate’s knee.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad