Post-Game Talk: GAME #31: Alien 5 vs. Predators 3 | That happened. To St. Louis we go!

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Not exactly sure how Sutter being out changes who the opposition puts out against Pettersson. I'm pretty sure if a team thinks they need to put top defensive players on Elias they aren't going to see Sutter back in the lineup and go "hmmm maybe we need to put those guys up against the Sutter line instead."

Add another dumbass quote to this organization

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Man, must suck for their fans to see them drop to the bottom of the standings with injuries like that!

... wait, what?

Yea like all of those guys are their TOP players, and there still right in it. They have all those guys out and are STILL the favourites...

Reactions: daddyohsix

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Not exactly sure how Sutter being out changes who the opposition puts out against Pettersson. I'm pretty sure if a team thinks they need to put top defensive players on Elias they aren't going to see Sutter back in the lineup and go "hmmm maybe we need to put those guys up against the Sutter line instead."

Is anyone surprised they are already blaming injuries? This is legit the only angle they have at this point.

If a top 6 player is out for a significant amount of time then sure it's a big deal. But teams should have enough depth to cover for bottom 6 injuries.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Is anyone surprised they are already blaming injuries? This is legit the only angle they have at this point.

If a top 6 player is out for a significant amount of time then sure it's a big deal. But teams should have enough depth to cover for bottom 6 injuries.
Benning used the injury card before the season even started.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Remember when the spin was: "all we have to do is get through this slew of road games; get injured players back; and we'll make hay at home. A loss tonight would make it at 0-5 home-stand. Only way we win this is if Markstrom is lights out and the Preds are sluggish. Doubt it happens. I'm guessing 3-1 or 4-2 Preds.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Remember when the spin was: "all we have to do is get through this slew of road games; get injured players back; and we'll make hay at home. A loss tonight would make it at 0-5 home-stand. Only way we win this is if Markstrom is lights out and the Preds are sluggish. Doubt it happens. I'm guessing 3-1 or 4-2 Preds.
I think itll be 4-1 Preds but thats just me

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Jeff Paterson✔@patersonjeff
Goldobin part of #Canucks PP1 this morning. In Boeser's 'spot' with BB moving to the bumper with Horvat, Edler & EP40
PP2: Hutton, Virtanen, Leivo, Eriksson, Granlund

10:29 AM - Dec 6, 2018

Good news...
I would like to see him stop holding the puck... he's been way to hesitant with it.
The bumper spot requires every touch to be a bang-bang decision...
We know he's capable of playing with a brain... now get back to doing it.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I'd prefer Pettersson to be in the D spot than Boeser. Pettersson has the vision, playmaking ability, and shot to be a capable ppqb in my opinion.

That being said, my real preference is getting Hutton back on the first unit asap.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.

Reactions: SomeoneGreat

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Watching Del Zotto on the Rangers, playing for Vig, he looked like he'd be a great asset. I think Vancouver changes a man?

I’m hardly a fan of Del Zotto, but he’s been solid for the last month or so, outside of two incredibly dumb, undisciplined penalties that have cost his team games.

I can understand a punishment benching for the stupid penalty in the last game but on merit there is no way Pouliot or Gudbranson should be in the lineup over him.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Watching Del Zotto on the Rangers, playing for Vig, he looked like he'd be a great asset. I think Vancouver changes a man?

Speaking of AV, isn't he looking for a job? I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Sure, he wore out his welcome after a while, but he's still the best coach this team has ever had, and someone needs to teach these players how to play. A pet or two aside, he also mostly ran a meritocracy - at least compared to the favoritism we see on a night-to-night basis.

Anyway, probably not the place for this.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I don't know how anyone can listen to him, especially in the morning.

I can no problem. Tells it like it is regardless of what the Canucks think. One of the only entertaining personalities in the Vancouver media. Athleties are best read about the Canucks

Reactions: Pip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad