Pre-Game Talk: GAME 31 - 12/22 | Electric Boots and Mohair Suits | Bruins @ Winnipeg Jets | 8pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
He’s the worst defensive forward in the league.

Patrik Laine is worse. Regardless, for 30+ goals and 80 points a year, I don't care. Give me a pure scorer any day. Let the less-talented guys and the centers play defense. It takes all types to make a good team - if a roster's well-built it can carry a player or two who are defensively suspect as long as they offer enough at the other end.

Connor's playoff record is only so-so though. That would be the thing that would give me pause if I were thinking about acquiring him.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
4-2 Bruins

Jake with his best game of the year, gets 3 points.

A drunk Santa jumps on the ice midway in the second period and delays the game. Fans throw candy canes at him and he barfs his Yuletide spirts All over the zamboni entrance. Jets fans look at each other and say ‘No wonder we can’t get free agents to sign here!’

In honour of all these festive events and the Bruins win, I drink a six pack……twice.

Lets Go Bruins!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Connor's plus/minus, while not irrelevant, really wouldn't bother me as a Jets fan. Not everyone is going to or needs to be a fully-rounded, defensively responsible player. If a guy goes out and produces consistently, then as long as they're not lazy or committing too many outright blunders, they've still got a lot of value in my eyes. And Connor has been almost a PPG player pretty much his entire career and has never struck me as having a poor attitude or anything like that. Not to dig up old arguments, but I'd happily have him in Boston. Raw offensive talent isn't that common, and the Bruins could use more of it.
Why can't we get players like that? Oh, ummmmmm never mind!;)

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He’s the worst defensive forward in the league.

He took over Pasta's spot? :dunno:

Pasta is finally beginning to play a more rounded game and I'm happy to see it. Like @Aussie Bruin said teams will work around a consistent 30+ goal scorer who doesn't do much else and the Bs were no exception. It's still an adventure watching #88 play defense but he's making a serious effort & I love him for it. If by some miracle Kyle Conner became a Bruin I think we could live with his defensive deficiencies so long as he continued to pot 30 odd goals a season.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He took over Pasta's spot? :dunno:

Pasta is finally beginning to play a more rounded game and I'm happy to see it. Like @Aussie Bruin said teams will work around a consistent 30+ goal scorer who doesn't do much else and the Bs were no exception. It's still an adventure watching #88 play defense but he's making a serious effort & I love him for it. If by some miracle Kyle Conner became a Bruin I think we could live with his defensive deficiencies so long as he continued to pot 30 odd goals a season.
Pasta is Jere Lehtinen compared to Kyle Connor.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and GoBs

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
This could be a tough one tonight. Over their last ten games, the Jets are a +17 at even strength -- Best in the NHL. (The Bruins are -3.)

Each forward on the Jets' top line has averaged over a point-per-game and are a collective +40 in that same timeframe.

Their special teams play hasn't been great, though. The Bruins probably have a better chance tonight if there are fewer minutes played at Even Strength.

Reactions: hn777 and hrdpuk

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad