GDT: Game #30 -- Wed Mar 20, 2013 - Wild @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.|NBCSN, FS-D

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
:wild (16-10-2, 3rd in conference) at :wings (14-10-5, 7th)
March 20, 2013 - the first day of Spring (at least, according to the calendar)
7:30 p.m.
Joe Louis Arena

:wings
Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Franzen
Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
Cleary - Andersson - Nyquist
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Ericsson
Lashoff - Smith
Kindl - White

Howard

:wild
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Bouchard-Cullen-Setoguchi
Heatley-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Zucker-Konopka-Mitchell
*Rupp

Suter-Brodin
Stoner-Spurgeon
Falk-Prosser
*Gilbert

Backstrom

Last edited:

RedWingsNow*

First day of Spring.
Wow. The lockout has really messed up my innate hockey calendar.
Usually, right about now, we're getting antsy for the playoffs. We're still weeks from the trade deadline and just a little more than halfway through the season.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Nyquist in instead of Eaves per Khan.

I don't like the Lashoff-Smith pairing. Two kids competing for mistakes.

Not sure how I feel about this.

This up-down-up-down-up-down routine cannot be good for his confidence and he'll likely be sent back down as soon as Eaves is back. Why not give this one game to someone who better fits the 3rd line role and/or hasn't had a big taste of the NHL yet. If this is for one game my choice would have been Ferraro or Sheahan.
Regardless, I'm hoping for a strong game from Goose, and more importantly a win.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Not sure how I feel about this.

This up-down-up-down-up-down routine cannot be good for his confidence and he'll likely be sent back down as soon as Eaves is back. Why not give this one game to someone who better fits the 3rd line role and/or hasn't had a taste of the NHL yet. If this is for one game my choice would have been Ferraro or Sheahan.
Regardless, I'm hoping for a strong game from Goose, and more importantly a win.

Agreed. Would love to see what Ferraro or Shehan could do right now on the third line.

Cleary-Andersson-Nyquist is a pretty sad line IMO.

Ferraro/Sheahan-Andersson-Nyquist would be interesting.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
On my spring break, so I decided to come to this game from Eastern Pennsylvania. I'm expecting a win, dammit. Also real disappointed Goose was sent back down before today's game.

EDIT: Didn't realize Gus was back in, hot damn!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Agreed. Would love to see what Ferraro or Shehan could do right now on the third line.

Cleary-Andersson-Nyquist is a pretty sad line IMO.

Ferraro/Sheahan-Andersson-Nyquist would be interesting.

If Sheahan was up it should be Andersson sliding out to wing, because Riley is a better center and well already player than him.

I hope Nyquist has a good game tonight he has been the best player down in Grand Rapids by a healthy margin this season and it hasn't showed in his limited chances up in the NHL.

Needs to just play confident and not worry about being sent down, in all honesty they are going to do it anyway, let it hang out and be himself a little more.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I want to see how Andersson and Nyquist play together. I think Cleary is a bit of a bummer to have with them but Andersson can hopefully get down low and create a little room for Gus to operate.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Seeing as Minnesota is 10-4 since the last game (won 3-2) against the wings, and they're really tight defensively. It will be tough to get 2 pts from this one. It will be a tight, low-scoring snoozefest, could very well go into OT/SO. Minnesota has a slight edge, they're the hotter team atm.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It is time for a Nyquist explosion.

3rj7ek.jpg

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Why not send Datsyuk to 3rd line one more time : Andersson -Datsyuk- Nyquist

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Why not send Datsyuk to 3rd line one more time : Andersson -Datsyuk- Nyquist

:laugh::laugh:

I'm hoping for a GR line of Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson.

I know some people are terrified of an all rookie line, but Andersson and Tatar haven't looked like rookies in their time up. And they'd be playing on a third line anyway. Probably one of the more dangerous third lines in the league too.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
They are a hot team, but we played very well our last 2 games, our special units finally worked well. It will be a hard fought game.
It seemed like Z and D got it going last game, so maybe they are getting hot and then our team is very hard to beat when Z and D are on the top of their game.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
:laugh::laugh:

I'm hoping for a GR line of Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson.

I know some people are terrified of an all rookie line, but Andersson and Tatar haven't looked like rookies in their time up. And they'd be playing on a third line anyway. Probably one of the more dangerous third lines in the league too.

They can learn from Datsyuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad