GDT: Game #30: Sabres vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - Scripps

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Sell high on Veggie!

Seriously though, good for him. It must be a mindf*** to lose 9 in a row or whatever it was. Hopefully tonight is a confidence boost. He kept it nice and simple tonight.

When is the last time we had two straight shutouts?
With different goalies?

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Postgame updates from Craig:

Vejmelka trade rumors are kinda BS, BA isn’t gonna sell low on him, so don’t expect a trade any time soon

Hayton’s thumb injury is more serious than initially expected, they’re targeting his return for February 1st. Woof.

Boyd won’t be back this regular season. Really unfortunate as he was playing well with Hayton out, and with this being his contract year, we’ve possibly seen the last of Boyd with the coyotes.

• Wow
Reactions: lanky

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
just finished watching from the Tablo. Great game!
Its a big plus for the Yotes to get significant in game contributions from Veg and LOB. Really love seeing these guy play well and enjoy it.
The Keller goal was right after we were down a stick and pinned for a long time…the tide turned 180 there!
It looked like Schmaltz was working harder, which is good. I thought Kesselring was very good… carries the puck up the ice pretty good …
lets get another streak going!

Postgame updates from Craig:

Vejmelka trade rumors are kinda BS, BA isn’t gonna sell low on him, so don’t expect a trade any time soon

Hayton’s thumb injury is more serious than initially expected, they’re targeting his return for February 1st. Woof.

Boyd won’t be back this regular season. Really unfortunate as he was playing well with Hayton out, and with this being his contract year, we’ve possibly seen the last of Boyd with the coyotes.
well, that sucks.

Reactions: Howling Overseas

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Veggie with the shutout. Traded to Carolina post-game.

Happy to be half right.

Still clinging to the 2nd wild card, but it's a close race with many contenders.

1702814640126.png

cobra427

May 6, 2012
2 games in a row with better team D, this is the key to our wins. Buffalo didn't play bad but one turnover by their goal tender lead to the Keller goal, that was the difference, one glaring mistake. Good to see LOB score, I think he has played pretty well this year considering who he is.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
A little concerning that team doctors have now been wrong on both the McBain and Hayton injury timelines.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
A little concerning that team doctors have now been wrong on both the McBain and Hayton injury timelines.
Didn’t they say it was just because they weren’t healing as quickly as expected? I don’t know if I would read too much into it…sometimes people heal faster than expected and sometimes it’s slower…

Reactions: MIGs Dog

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
2 games in a row with better team D, this is the key to our wins. Buffalo didn't play bad but one turnover by their goal tender lead to the Keller goal, that was the difference, one glaring mistake. Good to see LOB score, I think he has played pretty well this year considering who he is.
if LOB gets 10 goals this season , for crying out loud, its party time!

Reactions: Howling Overseas

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Why?? After my accident doctors told me to find another line of work because I wuldn't be physically able to do it.

38 years later I'm still at it.

People heal differently. When doctors give an estimate it's based on average times.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Why?? After my accident doctors told me to find another line of work because I wuldn't be physically able to do it.

People heal differently. When doctors give an estimate it's based on average times.
Also consider the fact that statistically speaking, 50% of doctors are “below average” in competency. Hospitals are scary places.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Has nothing to do with the hard data available for healing times.
Right. Just implying that a doctor that would literally tell you to find a new line of work is obviously incompetent. Doctors too often dictate what others should do with their lives based off wide sweeping generalizations without adding any context…or just advise whatever makes their hospital the most money. But I digress…

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Right. Just implying that a doctor that would literally tell you to find a new line of work is obviously incompetent. Doctors too often dictate what others should do with their lives based off wide sweeping generalizations without adding any context…or just advise whatever makes their hospital the most money. But I digress…
Yeah you’re digressing.

He was ranked as one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the western US and head of the department of orthopedics at Washoe Medical Center.

He was able to reconstruct my right foot (the os calsis was shattered into a dozen pieces) where the majority of surgeons would have just fused the entire foot and ankle together leaving me with a permanent limp.

So you may want to stop at this point.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yeah you’re digressing.

He was ranked as one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the western US and head of the department of orthopedics at Washoe Medical Center.

He was able to reconstruct my right foot (the os calsis was shattered into a dozen pieces) where the majority of surgeons would have just fused the entire foot and ankle together leaving me with a permanent limp.

No need to get defensive about it. Doctors like that are obviously smart and talented…just lack imagination. How many cases of “you’ll never walk again” have you heard where the person does way more than just walk again. Happens all the time.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

I'm sure knowledge hasn't changed any in almost 4 decades?

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Also consider the fact that statistically speaking, 50% of doctors are “below average” in competency. Hospitals are scary places.
agreed. had one fall asleep on me while discussing my cancer diagnosis - several yrs ago. all good now 🤣

Yeah you’re digressing.

does anyone know who did Haytons surgery?
Dr Sheridan maybe ?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4