GDT: Game #30 Canucks host Jackets 7pm PT - Confirmation of Game Going Ahead TBA @ 6pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Legitimate question, how would that help?

The problem I that there is a delay between exposure, symptoms and test results. They are in that scary situation where players "may" have been exposed, and who knows how many cases will show up in the next few days. All the teams with multiple player exposures would probably be wise to take a week off, to see where they stand.

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Tests in culture suggest that a booster shot to the doubly vaxxed improves protection to Omicron. Not the most convincing evidence, I'll admit, but the best we have currently. An extended Christmas break could give the League time to impose and enact a booster mandate.

I don't see the league imposing a booster mandate mid-season. The NHLPA, despite knowing it's in everyone's best interest, would never agree. The extra time off would, most likely, lead to more personal travel for players as well. If there's one thing I know about hockey players, they aren't exactly the smartest boys in the world.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Just as the team was getting in a groove.

ehhh I think the team is playing over its head right now on the back of Demko. If the team gets hit hard or shut down I think it will save the team from the optics of faltering on their own which I saw as inevitable

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yes… like pause all games. Having teams travel and spread to other teams isn’t going to get any better (or so it seems).

So pause all games and mandate that players can't leave their homes? For how long? The NHLPA would never approve this unless there's a massive league wide outbreak that affects all teams simultaneously.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
So pause all games and mandate that players can't leave their homes? For how long? The NHLPA would never approve this unless there's a massive league wide outbreak that affects all teams simultaneously.
I don’t know I haven’t thought that far ahead. It just seems crazy to continue business as usual as we hear more cases trickling in.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don’t know I haven’t thought that far ahead. It just seems crazy to continue business as usual as we hear more cases trickling in.

Any changes to the schedule that go beyond what has already been agreed to must be approved by the NHLPA.

However, there may be something to pausing for the time being.

likash

Apr 17, 2019

It's probably one of our top -remaining- defensemen isn't it.

For f*** sakes. Hope everyone is ok and we don't get more cases. We should postpone the game.

They forced the Senatos to play with 50% ahl players before they cancelled the games. I doubt they would cancel unless we have 7-8 players with Covid.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They forced the Senatos to play with 50% ahl players before they cancelled the games. I doubt they would cancell unless we have 7-8 players with Covid.

The league got a lot of backlash from the media and, apparently, a massive amount from the NHLPA. That's why they postponed last night's game.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Morning skate cancelled as per 650

edit: beaten

I think the the game is likely cancelled.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

I'm getting bad flashbacks of the beginning of the pandemic. It's horrible.

I'll never forget walking my dog every morning in what felt like a ghost town. Empty buses going by with drivers looking absolutely stunned ... the news worsening every day. Not being able to visit my isolated, elderly mother.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Hey, at least they scrubbed the morning skate almost immediately instead of whatever the hell they were doing last year.

Remember we also had a GM that didn't seem to give a rats ass about the situation last season?

Reactions: timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad