Toronto
OXGTELg.jpg

Last edited:

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Wonder if we’ll get to see a leivo horvat virtanen Line. The ultimate “I only score on rushes” line.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Jim having his eye on Leivo for a while is about the least surprising thing I’ve ever heard

Reactions: Love

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jim having his eye on Leivo for a while is about the least surprising thing I’ve ever heard
Yes, and apparently Jimbo 'had his eye on Pouliot' for quite awhile before finally acquiring him. This probably means that he watched Leivo closely in junior and believes the five years he's spent in the NHL as a healthy scratch most nights are just a blip on the radar.

Reactions: Peter10 and Ryp37

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Yes, and apparently Jimbo 'had his eye on Pouliot' for quite awhile before finally acquiring him. This probably means that he watched Leivo closely in junior and believes the five years he's spent in the NHL as a healthy scratch most nights are just a blip on the radar.

It's funny, you would think he would pick up better players that aren't scratched off waivers or through trades. I hear this Crosby guy isn't bad. And Ovechkin even if you think Russians will bolt.

Fact is we got this guy cheap. And he will probably score tonight.

You are unlikely to get a decent NHLer through a trade. In this deal we got the best player involved. We have had lots of trades where this isn't the case.

The best players are usually obtained through the draft. The next way is free agency. Last is through trades.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Wonder if we’ll get to see a leivo horvat virtanen Line. The ultimate “I only score on rushes” line.

I feel like that's been the only way we've been consistently scoring these days anyways... so bring it on!

But seriously, what happened to our cycle lately? Feels like it's getting nothing going, especially on the power play.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It will be good to get a rematch with the Wild...They completely dismantled the Canucks,when we played them in Minny (it was the 3rd game in 4 nights,at the end of the trip).

Marcus Granlund seems to punch above his weight when playing against his brother.

First time for Leivo in a Canucks uniform..Apparently,he 's good at winning board battles,which is good..because that left side has been somewhat notorious for coughing up the puck (Leipsic,Goldoblin,and to some extent..Beartschi)....Best to keep expectations in check for this kind of player,but if he can help the team..all good.

Beagles back...lets hope he can galvanize the PK...which was the the 8th best in the NHL at the time he went down..and plummeted down to 21st (the loss of Brandon Sutter is another reason why).

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver

Jim would make an excellent addition to any pro scouting staff. Make a list of players he has his eye on, and do not trade for or acquire any of those players.

Reactions: xtra

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

ErrantShepherd

Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Dan Murphy✔@sportsnetmurph
#canucks Gagner not out for well attended optional skate. Could mean nothing or perhaps he’s the roster move to make room for Beagle’s return.
10:36 AM - Dec 4, 2018

So Leivo for Carcone, Ganger and Leipsic. Jimbo fails to amaze. Gagner has looked decent since being back up and Gaudette needs more AHL seasoning. If this is true it makes absolutely no sense.

Zero sense. Gagner hasn't been the problem on the roster during this losing streak. He's actually been pushing play forward offensively...

If Gagner actually gets sent down again... he goes to the Marlies doesn't he?

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
So Leivo for Carcone, Ganger and Leipsic. Jimbo fails to amaze. Gagner has looked decent since being back up and Gaudette needs more AHL seasoning. If this is true it makes absolutely no sense.

Gagner has looked decent, would rather have Gaudette out for Beagle. Gaudette would be better off in the AHL getting 18 minutes a game and playing in all situations. Receiving 8 mins per game with the Canucks isn’t doing much for his development.

Reactions: THE Green Man

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Goldy out ! Finally !

Guy neees a restart. 1 point in 5 games while being a turnover machine and backchecking like hes at a shinny at 8 rinks.

I like the tough love Green is doing w. Goldy.

I know guys like Eriksson and Schaller etc are candidates for being scratched too but neither of those guys are going to be with us when were competing for the cup so who cares about them.

Goldy is still an unknown. Will he ne a top 6 with us when were competitive?

Can he play winning hockey ?

The fact that were not just letting him coast showa that management/ coaches still care about him and want to keep seeing progress and development from him.

1 or 2 nights in the pressbox will ba refreshing for him. He has struggled big time over the last 5-7 games.

Reactions: Nomobo

ErrantShepherd

Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Gagner has looked decent, would rather have Gaudette out for Beagle. Gaudette would be better off in the AHL getting 18 minutes a game and playing in all situations. Receiving 8 mins per game with the Canucks isn’t doing much for his development.

Guess it's a question of would you rather have Granlund, Gagner or Gaudette centering that 3rd quasi-shutdown line?

I dont think Granlund or Gagner really work in that role. But a rookie in Gaudette is still not a good option there either. So yeah, I agree... give the kid more seasoning in Utica, then maybe he can play that role for real soon enough?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Thank God Goldy is out. Been shit lately and dragging EP down.

Time for someone else to step-in and take his place dragging EP down until we can get him some talent next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Guess it's a question of would you rather have Granlund, Gagner or Gaudette centering that 3rd quasi-shutdown line?

I dont think Granlund or Gagner really work in that role. But a rookie in Gaudette is still not a good option there either. So yeah, I agree... give the kid more seasoning in Utica, then maybe he can play that role for real soon enough?
Apparently...Green is pretty stoked about Gaudettes progress,even though he's seeing limited minutes....With the roster getting a bit more balanced with players coming back,Gaudette could stick around for awhile (at least until Sutter comes back)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad