GDT: Game 30: Boston Bruins Vs Logan Thompson | 5:00PM | Some players are out, and others are playing like they are.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What is it fourteen, fifteen games where we haven't looked great now? Have to think they are looking into a trade that can help our third line when healthy, and also help us weather some forward injuries now.

I didn't think we would need it but Whitecloud and Hague haven't looked great for most of the season, so maybe a veteran defensive move could happen also but I'd imagine that would be a deadline thing just like a goaltender might be depending on how Hill is playing by then.

It may seem soon for a forward but already 30 games in and we are all in the next 2-4 seasons, and HSK doesn't look like we'd have reinforcements coming from there.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The expected L, especially after Whitecloud went out too, I liked we kept it close. We seriously need some finish and execution but all things considered we did better than I was expecting.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
What is it fourteen, fifteen games where we haven't looked great now? Have to think they are looking into a trade that can help our third line when healthy, and also help us weather some forward injuries now.

I didn't think we would need it but Whitecloud and Hague haven't looked great for most of the season, so maybe a veteran defensive move could happen also but I'd imagine that would be a deadline thing just like a goaltender might be depending on how Hill is playing by then.

It may seem soon for a forward but already 30 games in and we are all in the next 2-4 seasons, and HSK doesn't look like we'd have reinforcements coming from there.
Wouldn't hurt. They've got Broissoit to deal, who might be trade bait as we get closer to the TDL.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
The expected L, especially after Whitecloud went out too, I liked we kept it close. We seriously need some finish and execution but all things considered we did better than I was expecting.
Agree. THIS was the Boston game that you really could pencil in the L before it began.

No more Boston or Toronto on the schedule, and we don't see the Devils until late January. In the meantime, it's time for the Knights to start taking care of business against the lesser teams, including at home. We've got a good chance of getting home ice through the WCF so let's not blow that.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
To a degree it feels a little strange being so accepting after an L, when lately there has been nothing but frustration even after W's. Boston's an elite team and missing key players it was expected yet at the same time I would say it didn't feel out of hand, a lucky bounce and maybe we eek it out. and I think it really speaks to how much this team has played down to other opponents. Hopefully we can keep rolling on the road, and if the Jets would be kind enough to start Big Save Dave maybe our Offense can get a little confidence..... or we make him look like Hellebuyck

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Thoughts:

1. We played very hard and deserved better. Imagine if Boston played without McAvoy and Lindholm and Carlo got hurt halfway through, plus substract Bergeron and Marchand. That's literally how we played yet a bounce or two and this was an OT game.

2. We really need to stop looking constantly for the perfect play. I'd say just take it and shoot, but then again, we had a 2 on 1 with Karlsson and he missed the net by five feet leading to the game winning goal.

3. I thought Hague and Miramanov played well, and Roy was really noticeable, as was Stephenson's speed.

4. We've now scored 3 goals in 3 games (apart from the OT goal. Leschyshen, Amadio, and Koleslaw aren't NHL players (sorry Koleslaw, but he does everything just so slow).

5. We don't finish because too many have stone hands, plus they don't get to the real scoring areas enough - exactly where Bergeron scored his goal.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
One change for this game was that the VGK seemed to be much more willing to chip'n'chase as opposed to always trying to pass it around to clear the neutral zone, the latter which of course resulted in turnovers far more times than being able to enter the offensive zone with possession.

I hate chip'n' chase, but when other teams have figured out that the best way to stop us is to just jam up the neutral zone, that is one answer.

Agree that it is quite possible to upgrade from Leschyshen, Amadio and Coleslaw.

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad