Post-Game Talk: Game 3 vs CBJ - 3 Stars

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Great game from the whole team. Also kind of confirms that this should have been an even bigger blowout win. Do you think the guys held back a bit in the third and focused more on systems/defense and puck possession?

EDIT: 3 stars

Reims with ick
Rasmussen
Veleno

Spacegoat: The real pastafarian
100% believe they focused on defense. I was kind of hoping they would. All 3 games they have been playing a little too fast and loose and it can get annoying, only because lalonde wants to be a defensive system and yzerman (after all those clips we have seen) hates getting shelled.

It was nice to see us still get chances in the third, while playing responsible hockey. If we can play against njd, tor, etc. like we did in the third, honestly believe we would be extremely hard to play against and frustrating when we score to the other teams. It's like hitting your head against a brick wall and somehow, someway, the wall slaps you out of nowhere.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
at the end of the game thread, people were saying kostin was talking about not being a soft team. Was this in post game interviews or something? Can't seem to find it.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's like hitting your head against a brick wall and somehow, someway, the wall slaps you out of nowhere.
Don't mess with me. I will absolutely slap you.

face-wall-vaczi-andras.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Detroit Knights

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
I still don't get this policy to lock those Game Day Threads after the game. I would like to discuss about the game there, because the information I'd like to quote is THERE. Not in here.

This new thread thing just creates a stupid disconnection. There was something I would like to quote, and because it's now impossible, I don't do it.

It's a BAD THING for this message board.

Nice to get these easy wins against a crap opponent nowadays. Some months ago we were that team. Not anymore.

Agree. It would make more sense to keep the GDTs open and then have one all-encompassing 3 stars thread for the season that could be a running total. Creating two separate threads for every game just clutters the board.

Reactions: Sentinel

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Great game from the whole team. Also kind of confirms that this should have been an even bigger blowout win. Do you think the guys held back a bit in the third and focused more on systems/defense and puck possession?

EDIT: 3 stars

Reims with ick
Rasmussen
Veleno

Spacegoat: The real pastafarian
Just from the eye test.... it looked like CBJ game back a bit refocused after the second intermission, did a good job thwarting the Wings PP there, seemed to kind of level the playing field for the 3rd. I think there were a couple Wings penalties that period as well. All that said, and at around 10 min the Wings did appear to let up a bit on the attack.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
And: What's this "There is no Spacegoat" stuff? There MUST always be a Spacegoat. Have you guys forgotten what fickle little b*tches we are in this forum?

There will be plenty of spacegoats the next time they lose. Even I am willing to go one game without one, especially now that all of the players I hated on are gone... Cholo, Zadina, Svech etc. The team is fun to watch for the first time in a long time.

I think Husso is gonna be the spacegoat pretty soon, but he didn't play this game so....

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Idk if it's being done as a joke or intentional but it's scapegoat not spacegoat.
View attachment 753909

Space.goat
/spās, ɡōt/

noun

1. a person who is blamed for wrongdoings, giveaways, bad penalties, mistakes, or dumb goals against, especially if they suck at hockey stuff.
2. (in the HFBoards) a hockey player sent into outer space via trebuchet after HFBoards Detroit Red Wings board has deemed them not realgud.
3. Robert Hagg, the forever spacegoat.

spacegoat.jpg

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's a long running joke.... over a decade I think. It might even pre-date my membership here.

If you do a search, it goes back 5 years, but I think that's when they moved servers.
I can't remember if someone initially typed scapegoat wrong, or mentioned that they first read it at "spacegoat."

I think Ericsson might have been the OG spacegoat?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
1. Reimer—for the shutout
2. Ras—great effort all over the ice and a goal, even it it wasn’t the greatest goal
3. Veleno—best game I think he’s ever played for the Wings

I can’t think of a spacegoat here.
I believe Veleno was over 90% on FOs.
I still don't get this policy to lock those Game Day Threads after the game. I would like to discuss about the game there, because the information I'd like to quote is THERE. Not in here.

This new thread thing just creates a stupid disconnection. There was something I would like to quote, and because it's now impossible, I don't do it.

It's a BAD THING for this message board.

Nice to get these easy wins against a crap opponent nowadays. Some months ago we were that team. Not anymore.
You quote them though in this thread. A bit complicated, but possible.
There will be plenty of spacegoats the next time they lose. Even I am willing to go one game without one, especially now that all of the players I hated on are gone... Cholo, Zadina, Svech etc. The team is fun to watch for the first time in a long time.

I think Husso is gonna be the spacegoat pretty soon, but he didn't play this game so....
You think I am going to bash Husso?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I believe Veleno was over 90% on FOs.

You quote them though in this thread. A bit complicated, but possible.

How many of those against Laine?

Not trying to take anything away from the guy but Laine at center was not realgud at faceoffs.

It's a very small sample size thus far, but Petry is already entering Hagg territory.

A new forever spacegoat.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Star Total
6 Larkin
4 Debrincat
4 Reimer
3 Walman
2 Veleno
2 Husso
2 Raymond
1 Sprong
1 Compher
1 Ghost

Spacegoat Total
-3 Petry
-1 Perron

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

If you don't I will, lol. I certainly don't think he's untouchable as far as criticism. He didn't steal a lot of games for the team last season, most of his quality games were against really bad teams.

Husso is at best an average goalie, and it's a position that needs to be upgraded anyways. Unfortunately there are no UFA goalies next summer.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
How many of those against Laine?

Not trying to take anything away from the guy but Laine at center was not realgud at faceoffs.

A new forever spacegoat.
I have no idea. But 90% is insane good.
If you don't I will, lol. I certainly don't think he's untouchable as far as criticism. He didn't steal a lot of games for the team last season, most of his quality games were against really bad teams.

Husso is at best an average goalie, and it's a position that needs to be upgraded anyways. Unfortunately there are no UFA goalies next summer.
I have already done. I sad that that 1st goal he allowed was the softest goal last 10 years. It was brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00