Post-Game Talk: Game 3 vs CBJ - 3 Stars

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Posting up early as I’m just firing up the game now.

Our running tally.

Star Tally
4 Debrincat
3 Walman
3 Larkin
2 Husso
2 Raymond
1 Sprong
1 Compher

Spacegoat Tally
-3 Petry
-1 Perron

Name your 3 stars and 1 scapegoat for the game. All redwings please.

3 Stars
1. Player - comments if you like
2. Player - comments if you like
3. Player - comments if you like

Spacegoat
Player - comments if you like

Post game thoughts if you like

Last edited:

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
1. Reimer—for the shutout
2. Ras—great effort all over the ice and a goal, even it it wasn’t the greatest goal
3. Veleno—best game I think he’s ever played for the Wings

I can’t think of a spacegoat here.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
1st Reimer, 2nd Veleno, 3rd Ghost.

The whole team was great, honestly that was a very complete effort. They grabbed a hold of that in a way we have rarely seen lately. The play fast right now.

Reactions: jkutswings

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
1. Reimer. The shutout! Columbus had some really good chances and he slammed the door on 'em all. You love to see it!
2. Larkin. Oh Captain, my Captain! Speeding on through, drawing a penalty and still managing to put the puck in the net! You love to see this, too!
3. Kostin. The muscle! He saw the boys getting pushed around with some funny stuff, and said "Hell naw, this will not stand!" He showed heart, and that's why I'll give him my third star.

Honorable Mention: The team. Damn, do I love this group! We did damn good defensively, and we demonstrated scoring across our forward lines tonight, rather than a bucket full from the top line.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If we play D like we did in the second and third periods, with our forecheck?!

I can see it, I don't think it is too crazy to start to believe. hope it keeps up.

Really want these next two, cause F the Penguins and F Ottawa, lets tune them both up.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Missed a lot of the game but from what I saw they looked really good again.

Klim Reaper went toe to toe with one of the tougher guys in the league and looked like he won it. Thats a guy that will help set the tone all season. They have Ottawa coming up saturday, will be interesting to see how that game plays out

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
1. Reimer
2. Veleno
3. Chariot

3rd star could have been a few players. Raymond. Compher. Ghost. Kostin. But I keyed in on Chariot and I liked what I saw although I don’t have a good eye for bad d play.

Spacegoat.
None (good call)

Reactions: Hughes Hefner

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
1. Reimer
2. Gostisbehere
3. Veleno

Ditto.

First goal is the most important especially in a shutout. Ghost made the play in the defensive end and scored the GWG.

There are no spacegoats in a 4-0 shutout.

Also, I loved the big whiff on the one timer by Fantilli. Hope he turns out to be the Columbus version of Zadina, lol.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Missed a lot of the game but from what I saw they looked really good again.

Klim Reaper went toe to toe with one of the tougher guys in the league and looked like he won it. Thats a guy that will help set the tone all season. They have Ottawa coming up saturday, will be interesting to see how that game plays out

Was the perfect timing also, game was all ours and then a big hit and a good fight and the team finished strong. Guys are throwing the weight around and it's good to see, not going out of position but just laying the body.

Team looks well coordinated and to have a gamelan the team is buying into early. Let's hope that continues and just keeps building momentum. We have enough skill that every line can make something happen on a game to game basis.

Raymond looks like he wants to have a breakthrough year. Mo has been steady. Larkin and Debrincat look like they are very excited to play together. Been fun to watch so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad