Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Game Three: Series tied 1-1
Saddledome_Panorama.JPG

Welcome back to the C of Red!

Game Preview said:
The Calgary Flames will play their first home playoff game since 2009 looking to take a 2-1 series lead against the Vancouver Canucks in Game 3 of their best-of-7 Western Conference First Round series at Scotiabank Saddledome.

"I think obviously we need to come out flying [Sunday]," forward Brandon Bollig told the Flames website after an optional skate Saturday. "It's going to be so exciting to see this crowd. Obviously people in this city have been waiting for playoffs for a couple of years now. If our last home game versus [the Los Angeles Kings] was any indication, I'm sure it's going to be much more exciting than that, and we are all pretty pumped to see what it's like."

Flames coach Bob Hartley said the crowd Sunday would be electric.

"It's going to be crazy," Hartley told the website. "It already is crazy. It's going to be lots of fun.

"We got part of the job done in Vancouver to gain home-ice advantage (winning Game 1, 2-1). Now Game 3 and Game 4 are in Calgary. Let's take advantage of our situation."

Canucks forward Henrik Sedin played the Flames in the Western Conference Quarterfinals in 2004 and knows what kind of atmosphere to expect.

"It's a great building," Sedin said. "It's so loud, they are into the game. They are passionate fans. We played there in [the 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs] and it was a great experience. [It's] something that our younger guys are going to be excited for as well."

Canucks coach Willie Desjardins said, "Calgary is going to be a real tough building and we will need all the energy we can get. I thought [Game 2] was a big win for our team (4-1); the guys played hard and there was a lot of emotion, so I am sure some will carry over to the next game."

Vancouver was 24-14-3 on the road this season.

"We have to play the same on the road as we do at home," Sedin said. "It's been successful so far this year and we aren't going to change that."

Hartley said goalie Jonas Hiller, who made 26 saves on 29 shots in Game 2 on Friday, will start. Backup Karri Ramo played 4:58 in the third period.

"[Hiller] will start [Sunday]," Hartley said. "It was just that I felt with [Ramo's] injury in Edmonton (April 4), he hasn't played in a few days and with the score 3-zip, I felt that just give him a feel. We've said it all along, the way that we have two goalies capable of winning some big games for us. We feel that we have two No. 1 goalies, but for [Sunday] Jonas Hiller will be our starter."

Flames rookie forward Sam Bennett, who has played three NHL games including playoffs, left Game 2 after a hit by Canucks defenceman Alexander Edler. Bennett returned to the game and played less than two minutes in the third period.

"It was just a bump, maybe knocked the wind out of me a bit, but I'm 100 percent fine now," Bennett said.

Calgary Flames Projected Lines & Defense Pairings
lines_gaudreau.jpg
lines_monahan.jpg
lines_hudler.jpg

lines_bennett.jpg
lines_backlund.jpg
lines_colborne.jpg

lines_bollig.jpg
lines_granlund.jpg
lines_jooris.jpg

lines_ferland.jpg
lines_stajan.jpg
lines_jones.jpg

lines_engelland.jpg
lines_brodie.jpg

lines_russell.jpg
lines_wideman.jpg

lines_potter.jpg
lines_schlemko.jpg

lines_hiller.jpg

Points Leader: Kris Russell, 2 GP, 2-0-2, -1, 1 GWG
Starting Goaltender: Jonas Hiller, 2 GP, 1-1, 2.11 GAA, .932 SV%

large.png

Vancouver Canucks Projected Lineup

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata
Kenins - Horvat - Hansen
Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Bieksa - Sbisa

Lack

Points Leader(s): Bo Horvat, Chris Tanev & Alex Burrows tied at 2 points
Starting Goaltender: Eddie Lack, 2 GP, 1-1, 1.51 GAA, .943 SV%

Last edited:

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
What is the obsession with Lack's dad? I honestly don't understand. I get pointing him out and showing him a couple times a game, but that should be about it. Constantly talking about him and showing him every time there is a whistle is a bit much.

Exactly this. I hope they just did it because it was in the Canucks' home building but if Hughson and Simpson excessively bring up Canuck-related things, I would be ****ing pissed. It's national television, no need to bring up a parent's reaction every single time.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Exactly this. I hope they just did it because it was in the Canucks' home building but if Hughson and Simpson excessively bring up Canuck-related things, I would be ****ing pissed. It's national television, no need to bring up a parent's reaction every single time.

But but but... the legend of Lack!

tumblr_nmzg4n3Wk61r7exryo1_1280.gif

Every legend has a beginning.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Hope Ferland lays out some massive hits on the nucks tonight... If they're gonna target Johnny, I hope we target the sedin's.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This is gonna be awesome. I can feel it. Can't wait to hear the crowd tonight!!

Go Flames Go!

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Hey guys, me and a couple friends are heading downtown to catch the game tonight. We live pretty south and are all 19/20 so we have yet to explore the bars there yet. We are all die hard fans so obviously want to go somewhere with enough TVs and seating so we have a respectable view all game, but also want a little bit of a party. We went to Shark Club (Deerfoot Meadows) for game one, it was awesome for watching the game, but we were the youngest and rowdiest people by far (we were still being respectful of our surroundings dont worry lol). So any suggestions on a place with enough TVs and a good atmosphere? Also, how soon would you recommend we get to said place so we get a decent spot?

Also, I heard Schanks on Macleod trail may be a rowdy place to go? It is much closer for us, but since we all have finals blocking the rest of the series this is our party game so we want to have the best time possible.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I can't even describe in words how much I hate the Canucks and their fans right now, I hope we run them through the rink. I've boycotted the main boards to maintain my sanity.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, me and a couple friends are heading downtown to catch the game tonight. We live pretty south and are all 19/20 so we have yet to explore the bars there yet. We are all die hard fans so obviously want to go somewhere with enough TVs and seating so we have a respectable view all game, but also want a little bit of a party. We went to Shark Club (Deerfoot Meadows) for game one, it was awesome for watching the game, but we were the youngest and rowdiest people by far (we were still being respectful of our surroundings dont worry lol). So any suggestions on a place with enough TVs and a good atmosphere? Also, how soon would you recommend we get to said place so we get a decent spot?

Also, I heard Schanks on Macleod trail may be a rowdy place to go? It is much closer for us, but since we all have finals blocking the rest of the series this is our party game so we want to have the best time possible.

Kilkeney is a pretty decent place. But if u want to be a bit rowdy, schanks is he way to go.

I like Tipperary or Woody's as well.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'm hoping to see lots of an angry Ferland.

This is a must win game for us IMO. Take this one to calm the nerves, and next game get a chance to put a dagger in the heart of the Canucks & their fans by going up 3-1.

Good times :D

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I don't really get it either. It seems like they do this for lots of players on many teams though, or at least throughout the year. Kind of weird, but whatever. I doubt Lack's dad will be in Calgary so we'll be free from seeing his reaction to a save from the blueline. :laugh:

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I don't really get it either. It seems like they do this for lots of players on many teams though, or at least throughout the year. Kind of weird, but whatever. I doubt Lack's dad will be in Calgary so we'll be free from seeing his reaction to a save from the blueline. :laugh:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he made the trip to Calgary to see the Legend of Lack in action. :laugh: which id be perfectly fine with if it meant Hughson stayed back in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad