GDT: Game 3: Sharks vs Hurricanes 7:30pm NBCSCA

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
You can’t see the bright value in Hoffman after 3 games? How far off is the trade deadline??
I've been saying this is Hoffman's retirement tour. The last few years of decay speak to his being about done.

I think we'll be lucky to get a 6th for him. He's a one-dimensional winger who can't skate and doesn't play defense, and whose shot isn't as good as it once was, so he's only in the league because someone (us) was willing to eat his contract. Once said contract is over, so is his career.

Reactions: karltonian

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I've been saying this is Hoffman's retirement tour. The last few years of decay speak to his being about done.

I think we'll be lucky to get a 6th for him. He's a one-dimensional winger who can't skate and doesn't play defense, and whose shot isn't as good as it once was, so he's only in the league because someone (us) was willing to eat his contract. Once said contract is over, so is his career.
Seriously he can't skate. How can a guy who's as slow as he is man the point in the powerplay. I mean we saw it on the shorthanded goal, you dont want Hoffman as the last man back.

Reactions: karltonian

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I’m not blind to the fact that Hoffman is not what he used to be. My thought is that he has the PP prowess that they want. Remember, Pavelski, not the fastest skater, manned the point.
Maybe this is to be until Macdonald returns?
I really don’t know. Just my guesses.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I’m not blind to the fact that Hoffman is not what he used to be. My thought is that he has the PP prowess that they want. Remember, Pavelski, not the fastest skater, manned the point.
Hoffman on the pp should at best be parked in the slot, not anywhere he would be expected to defend anything

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
I don't understand why Thrun is not on the PP1? He's clearly better option than Hoffman and Rutta is okay for the PP2 with the team clearly not competing.

This year is about finding out what you have, let young players have chance to sometimes fail and learn.
he’s not very good at this point in his career. After watching him play a few games, it’s unlikely he’d crack anywhere in the top 6 of any other team in the NHL right now.

Edit: and it looks like he was sent back to the AHL 16 minutes ago

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
ZETTERLUND~!!!!

Just started watching... Glad it wasn't Kunin on the breakaway. Heckuva pass from Hertl!

Holy shit Blackwood on that 2 on 1. What a save! Sharks haven't had goaltending like that in a minute.

Good job by Zadina ragdolling Shatfield after late hit from behind on Hertl. Also RefJose... FFS.

Nice to see a bunch of redmarks on Shatfield's face after the fact. Hope things get chippy.

Wow, Mac-Black like Shaq, Jack.

More RefJose... Duclair tripped on face off to start 2nd period. Not called... "cross check" with only one hand on his stick, 2 minutes for Duclair tho.

Shortie for the "best defensive defenseman in the league" ugh... LOL Vlasic tho. You know he's up in the stands like, "I could do that..."

Yay PP goal to answer the shortie... hahahaha Funky Cold Zadina!!!

And YAY Eklund on the PP! Goalie interference my ass. And back on the PP!!!! Rowdy Roddy Brindamour is pretty pissed.

Haven't heard Kunin's name much. (YAY)

Ahahahaha RefJose with the elbow on Tony D. BOOM, down goes Deangelo!!! Shut up and get in the box, f***o.

Nice leg whip on their goalie, Thrun!

Auntie Rantta looks a bit slow getting around behind the goal and back to the front of the net. Perhaps hilarity will ensue from that.

3 goals w/o Cooter, whodathunkit? I guess no Aho for the Hurricanes tho.

Blackwood for mayor! Damn!!

Stephen f***ing Noesen... Dang just under Blackwood's arm (I think) NBD Team Tank!

So many whistles. Canes on the PP, get it done in regulation please.

Skyrizi... sounds like a tree hugging rapper not a pharmaceutical.

And there's that. The butler did it. (not sure why but Jarvis sounds like a butler name to me, Avengers thing I think)

Necas with the dagger. Seemed pretty lucky on that wrap around, poor Blackwood.

Oh, one more for good measure... Mission accomplished, two good periods... exciting until about half way through the third.

This one slipped through the Sharks' fingers according to Randy, but 39 shots to 14 at the time, Sharks were darn lucky to be in this one as long as they were.

Smitty got a job as a leprechaun, good for him.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Hoffmann and prowess do not belong in the same sentence in 2023. He is literally good at nothing anymore and has shown it in every game so far.
Even very good teams could have lost these 3 games.
Our opponents so far are exceptional teams. We’ve done okay.
We absolutely have not done okay, we have been shellacked for 3 games straight. Expected, but stop the porcine makeover. We're bad, we were expected to be bad, and we are going to be bad.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
With all the defense injuries, I'm surprised we haven't given Emberson a game or two with the Sharks. The plan can't be to just stash him indefinitely on the main roster, seems like it would've been a good chance to see if we've got something with him before all these other guys heal up.

Though part of me wonders if we're just looking for the right time to try to sneak him through waivers.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
The Sharks have been bad but they have a historically difficult schedule to start the season. This is the first time ever a team has started their first 4 games against all 4 division winners the previous season.

Reactions: jarr92

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Hoffmann and prowess do not belong in the same sentence in 2023. He is literally good at nothing anymore and has shown it in every game so far.

We absolutely have not done okay, we have been shellacked for 3 games straight. Expected, but stop the porcine makeover. We're bad, we were expected to be bad, and we are going to be bad.
We pushed to overtime against the Avalanche. We led into the third against the Hurricanes. Both Stanley Cup favorites. I don’t think these losses label us “bad.”
You have some thing about pigs.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We pushed to overtime against the Avalanche. We led into the third against the Hurricanes. Both Stanley Cup favorites. I don’t think these losses label us “bad.”
You have some thing about pigs.
The losses in and of themselves don't label us as bad. It's the how they're losing that makes us bad. We're getting outshot 126-60 thus far and they get hemmed into their own zone defending for much, much longer stretches than the offense we're able to sustain. It's what tends to happen to bad teams. Five on five, we're getting outshot 86-45. We have allowed 24 high danger shots to our 11. They're getting their tails kicked. There's no getting around that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad