GDT: Game #3; Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Battle of Ontario - In Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
CQ9SwD_WcAANkkS.jpg

(A Battle of Ontario Mashup by our very own SeerVideo!)

Leafs.jpg

Sens.jpg

(Not my best work on the text, but meh)

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Tonights leafs are going to make yesterdays leafs look like a playoff team

At least Grabner and Polak are back in the lineup. Arcobello has struggled and Marincin was the worst defenseman we put out there along with Harrington. Once Corrado is up to speed, I expect him to replace Harrington on the 2nd or 3rd pairing.

I know Babcock said he's not going to rotate, but I have a feeling it'll be a back and forth battle between Corrado and Marincin to get ice time throughout the season. One could be traded by the end of the season.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Very very nice graphics in the GDT this time and last.

GREAT JOB.

It makes it easy and clear to see the lines - good job!!

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I wonder what the Marlies lineups look like? Is Rupert and/or Kapanen going to play today?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
The lineup looks better tonight.

I'd still switch Bozak and Holland though. Holland has been way better than Bozak, even though he hasn't been able to finish.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
The lineup looks better tonight.

I'd still switch Bozak and Holland though. Holland has been way better than Bozak, even though he hasn't been able to finish.

Nah we need to build up Bozak's value. I'd say give him Grabner and maybe Matthias on that left side. Move Lupul up to the first line; he played well with Kadri. Move Boyes down to play with Holland; they did well together in the preseason.

Winnik-Spaling-Parenteau has been our best line thus far so keep them together until they prove otherwise.

JVR-Kadri-Lupul
Matthias-Bozak-Grabner
Komarov-Holland-Boyes
Winnik-Spaling-Parenteau

I think it's at least worth a shot. Bozak now has a speedster (with defensive skills I might add) and a big player whom can produce all over the ice. Similar styles to what he had to work with in JVR and Kessel.

Defense needs a lot more work. At least by putting in Grabner and Polak he recognizes that the PK was atrocious both games thus far and we need them to help.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Looking at our lineup is saddening. For how many times we have missed the playoffs we should be in a much better position than we are now. We still have lots of bad contracts on the books and not enough good young players playing right now. Bad spot all around.
For tonight I hope we get back to playing a strong possession game like we did on Wednesday. If you are going to lose at least make the other team work for it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
We should see a bounce back game from the boys today after a lackluster performance yesterday.

Babcock will try and light a fire under this.

Go Leafs Go !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2