[Game 3: Oct 16] Calgary Flames (1-1-0) @ Washington Capitals (0-1-0) 5:00pm MT on SN1-Flames

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Disappointing result. Took some caps +450 and +500 when we led 2-0. That Marky 1-10 vs caps record loomed large. One rung down from the Honda centre curse, but brutal nonetheless. Loss wasn't his fault at all, but boy do we make so many opposing tendies look god tier so Marky often ends up second best.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
bluevalentine-ryangosling-portable.gif

So Flamey of the Flames.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Well gang, if I'm not here posting on Thursday I'm at the Buffalo game.
I want to go, I'm 90% certain I'm going. Maybe I'll get to see Vladar in net. It is game 1 of a back to back.
Be the good luck charm this team desperately needs. Work your magic! Boom chika boom!

Reactions: Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Yeah dude. Definitely go. Not something you get to do too often and maybe you'll have a blast(y) watching a big win.
Yeah, I'm 30 minutes from Buffalo in Ontario. I always go to the game. Except for the last couple of covid seasons. I'm due for a hockey game. Just not sure what jersey to wear. Got my new Heritage Classic in the mail with Mangiapane on the back, so maybe go with that one.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, I'm 30 minutes from Buffalo in Ontario. I always go to the game. Except for the last couple of covid seasons. I'm due for a hockey game. Just not sure what jersey to wear. Got my new Heritage Classic in the mail with Mangiapane on the back, so maybe go with that one.
Gorgeous looking jersey. Kudos.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Sounds like a fine choice. 'Pane will bake ya a couple loaves.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That is most Flame game ever. Get told all offseason that Phillips isn't any good and no one will miss him. Only for Phillips to be a main piece in a comeback against us in the exact way we were told he wouldn't have been able to do for us last year, which of course could have made us a playoff team.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
File that one under whatever I guess. You would think looking at the shots the Flames dominated this game and got goalied. Outside of the 1st period that really wasn't true. Liked the fwd lines mostly, seemed like it was working better. Still not too crazy about Zadorov in the top 4. Or Huberdeau with Lindholm.

Good - Couple Ruz points, that's good. Sounds kind of crazy but I think they should try him at center Huberdeau with Coronato on the RW. Plays the down low possession style that could create some chances. Hanifin was much better after blowing chunks the first two games. Tanev also. Also glad to see Dube get on the board.

Pretty good - Coleman, nice hustle and some nice defense. Pretty oathetic PS attempt tho. Coronato, like his quick decisions. Should have seen the ice for OT. Andersson, Gilbert was fine. Markstrom was decent, still let in a goal that he gets a piece of. Saw too much of that last season. Liking the 4th line, didn't see enough ice IMO. PK was quality.

Not bad - Weegar/Zadorov pairing, skated well but a little hectic and reactionary. Didn't love Backs tonight but still had it in the right end of the rink. Didn't get enough out of the top line, seen that before. Huberdeau wasn't great but his linemates didn't give him much to work with tonight.

idiot - Kadri, he wasn't even that bad really but his lazy stupid on ice decisions stood out. Just annoying.
Not good - PP1 looked semi-dangerous when they got setup. Which was rarely. Just soft area passes and not enough urgency. Should have won us this game.

Hopefully a couple days off on the road can get these guys more on the same page. Need badly for this team to develop some great chemistry because they're not going to get anywhere on talent alone.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
For years I was a basic bitch and loved Frank's Red hot buffalo wings. Now, I really don't enjoy nearly as much as I used to. Thursday though? I must bring them back for the cause! Haha.

Shaking parmesan over a franks hot sauce wings is really good. Mixing franks with honey garlic for hot honey garlic is also good.

If Phillips exceeds expectations and swims laps around a bunch of other players instead of treading water only, I might have to be happy for him but call him Mikey Phelps instead.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hard to find players like that. You gotta draft them.

I really do not understand why this franchise just flat out refuses to believe in its drafting. They keep signing these back 9 big ticket UFAs. Or these mid range 'locker room types' UFAs. Or these whatever ass played in the NHL several times before UFAs. Always these has-been ass free agents.

The only reason the Flames have ever even approached relevancy since 2004 is their drafting. The pro scouting? Largely awful. Can only live off the Lindholm-Hanifin trade for so long.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I really do not understand why this franchise just flat out refuses to believe in its drafting. They keep signing these back 9 big ticket UFAs. Or these mid range 'locker room types' UFAs. Or these whatever ass played in the NHL several times before UFAs.

The only reason the Flames have ever even approached relevancy since 2004 is their drafting. The pro scouting? Largely awful. Can only live off the Lindholm-Hanifin trade for so long.
Why do we pretend we won the Hanifin Lindholm trade? We lost it badly. We gave up 2 #1 defensemen who won or were finalists for the Norris and got back a low end 1C and a 2/3 defenseman. We didn't win that trade. We draft well outside of the 1st round. That's about the only thing we have been a high end organization at.

I actually did not mind Brett as a 4th liner energy guy.
He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't the answer for a team that couldn't score then inexplicably demoted a ppg player to the 4th line that handled pucks like live grenades. I didn't hate Lewis and Ritchie the way I did fatter Ritchie and Lucic, but none of them ever met a puck they didn't want to immediately dump into a corner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad