Line Combos: Game 3 lines

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Lots of speculation going on in the Spezza injury thread. With our #1 Centre (finally) back, who should Paulrus field, line-wise?

Discuss.

Personally, I like MAK's suggestions.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Zibanejad - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Pageau - Silfverberg
Condra - Smith - Neil

or

Michalek - Spezza - Pageau
Greening - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Condra - Smith - Neil

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Would love to see Greening/Spezza/MM. And if Spezza cannot get MM going than nothing will.

That should make the Sens more dangerous offensively.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
I'd like to see Zibby on the wing. I think it would be exciting to see what he could do with the lines mixed up a bit.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie
Conacher-Pageau-Zibanejad
Condra-Smith-Neil

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Michalek-Spezza-Silfverberg
Conacher-Turris-Alfie
Zibanejad-Pageau-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Michalek Spezza Alfredsson
Silfverberg Turris Zibanejad
Greening Pageau Condra
Conacher Smith Neil

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lots of speculation going on in the Spezza injury thread. With our #1 Centre (finally) back, who should Paulrus field, line-wise?

Discuss.

Personally, I like MAK's suggestions.

Both those line-ups break up the most effective line we had so far, Pageau with Condra. Gotta keep them together.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Conacher-Turris-Alfredsson
Zibanejad-Pageau-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil

Damn, the lines look so different with Spezza in it.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
F1: Michalek - Spezza - Silverberg (scoring)
F2: Greening - Turris - Alfie (scoring)
F3: Conacher - Pageau - Condra (energy/defensive)
F4: Latendresse/Zibanejad/Kassian - Smith - Neil (crash)

D1: Methot - Cowen (shutdown)
D2: Gonchar - Grbya/Benoit/Weircoch (Puck moving)
D3: Phillips - Karlsson (Special Teams)

I could easily switch Conacher and Greening though. I would also consider switching Neil for Condra if Pagers and Cony start getting cheap shotted. Also, I'd be really tempted to start Kassian on Sun.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Conacher-Turris-Alfie
Smith-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Pageau-Neil

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Pageau - Spezza - Michalek
Conacher - Turris - Alfie
Greening - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Latendresse/Condra - Smith - Neil

Juggle as required.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Zibanejad - Turris - Alfie
Conacher - Pageau - Silfverberg
Condra - Smith - Neil

If Silfverberg played the left side (I can't remember if he does), then I would make this adjustment:

Silfverberg - Turris - Alfie
Conacher - Pageau - Condra
Zibanejad - Smith - Neil

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd be happy so long as we keep pairs of forward together.

Spezza has had some good chemistry of late with Michalek (35 goals last year, and started this season with a point in all 5 games with Spezza)
Turris and Alfredsson have shown to be a reasonable match, and will likely fair better with more favourable match-ups having Spezza back.
Pageau has been great with Condra.
Smith and Neil make a good energy line.

That leaves Greening, Silfverberg, Conacher and Zibanejad to rotate as the wingers, and I don't think any of them would look out of place on any of the lines, just mix up that last winger until chemistry is found.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I think we need to make a few changes to the lineup to shake things up, so I would do something like this:

Greening Spezza Michalek
Stone\Hoffman Turris Alfredsson
Zibanejad Pageau Silfverberg
Condra Smith Neil

Methot Gryba
Cowen Gonchar
Phillips Karlsson

I would sit Conacher out because he has been taking too many penalties and because we need to try something different. If Gryba is ready to play I would pair him with Methot as our shutdown duo and shelter Karlsson's minutes......I am not down on Karlsson and commend him for playing but he is clearly no better than 60% at the moment.....We need to punish Malkin and Crosby every chance we get and I believe that Methot, Cowen and Gryba should be able to do so.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Greening - Spezza - Alfy
Silfverberg - Turris - Michalek
Zibby - Pageau - Condra
Conacher/Lats - Smith - Neil

Complete shuffle

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Silfverberg looked dangerous on line with Spezza to start the year. I think they'll replicate that.

Silfverberg-Spezza-Michalek
Zibanejad-Turris-Alfredsson
Conacher-Pageau-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

That looks deeep.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Wouldn't it be at least a little surprising to see Spezza playing first line minutes in his first game back? I wouldn't be surprised to see him slotted onto the second line. Who knows. I could be crazy.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Greening - Turris - Alfie
Condra - Pageau - Zibanejad
Conacher - Smith - Neil

Spezza coming back should obviously go back to his spot on the first line. Michalek seems to play his best to Spezza's right, and Silfverberg has the shot and the hands to take advantage of Jason's passes. Jason doesn't necessarily have to play 1st line minutes, but put him out there for offensive zone face offs, and 5-on-5 for some time with the more natural scorers on the team.

I feel like Greening should get some time out there with Alfie, given how well he did in game 2. Alfie can get the puck to the net, and Greening has been looking for any excuse to go to the paint. Make it happen.

Condra with Pageau just seems to work. They both have great speed. Zinbanejad brings a bit more size and skill to that line, as well as another centre, in case Pageau gets kicked out of the dot.

Conacher is annoying for the opponents. They want to push him around. Probably because, as we know, the Pens don't really have the guts to try and fight someone their own size, or who actually fights. Putting him with Smith and Neil will make it really hard for the Pens, since they WILL get hit, they WILL get annoyed, and they WILL get bruised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad