GDT: GAME 3 ECQF (Series tied 1-1| RANGERS vs. PENGUINS| Sat, May 7th 7:00PM EST|PPG| Phil Connor's in Net...

Will Phil make a save?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Too busy changing a blown tire for Shesterkin's

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • He had too many flapjacks

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Didn't we do this yesterday?

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
We can still set the tone. Guys like McGinn, Kapanen, Boyle and even Carter had a strong forecheck and thumped bodies in Game 1. Game 2, lasted about 1 period, then disappeared.

Boyle needs to sit and we have another body that can hit and skate in Big Z.

These guys can and should dump and thump. Be opportunistic. That's one reason why I want McGinn with Geno. Heinen doesn't know a thing about separating a man from the puck.

I am hoping Zucker is going since they didn't recall anyone.

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Heinen Malkin Kapanen
Zucker Carter McGinn
DOC Blueger Erod

Would be my lines.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
This team is definitely capable of beating the Rags with Louie in net. Winning today would be great as we have a few important bodies who are pretty close to coming back.

The Rags have not found anyway to stop L1

I know its a big if, but if any other line can create any other type of offense this should be no issue.

Another way is for the Powerplay to capitalize...............said this coming into the series and its held true. Scoring on the Powerplay will make or break us

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Boyle needs to sit a game. How can you not recall another guy?

There is no cap why are you staying complacent with 12 healthy forwards. This blows my mind.
I think Zucker plays today.......then probably gets hurt in the 1st.

I agree it would be in both parties best interest if Boyle sits, he's played much better this season when his mins have been managed. The 1st game in the series kind of threw everything out of wack and you can see it in his game.

I don't believe its as bad as most are saying because lets face it this board needs people to beat up on constantly or else they would probably beat their wives w/o a whipping boy

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He's literally dragging each foot the same way..?
I’ve seen footage where he’s pushing off one foot but just dragging the other. When he’s pushing hard off his injured foot then he’ll be close.

Won’t matter if they defend like last game though. Louis has played well

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think Zucker plays today.......then probably gets hurt in the 1st.

I agree it would be in both parties best interest if Boyle sits, he's played much better this season when his mins have been managed. The 1st game in the series kind of threw everything out of wack and you can see it in his game.

I don't believe its as bad as most are saying because lets face it this board needs people to beat up on constantly or else they would probably beat their wives w/o a whipping boy

I think the rangers are just to fast for Boyle. Boyle has been great, but hes just struggling right now and needs a break. It is on the coach to make the move not for him to magically get faster.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I actually hope L1 doesn't score a single goal today because I want to see the depth scoring actually produce. The depth scoring (or lack) is why I am so down on this team's chances.

If they can actually contribute to a win in a significant way, then I might start to have more faith. But if GCR scores all 3 goals in a 3-2 win, for instance, that still doesn't bode well going forward because it's still heavily reliant on one line to do everything.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
We yinzers certainly do love a gimmicky promotion for a scrub.
Nakama used to be alright when it first opened but than again it was in the cesspool Southside. I always thought it was funny, back in my party days people would hang out at Nakama like it was some kind of high end place in the Southside and that's where the cool kids pre-gamed. Hopefully for their sake the quality of food got a little better

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I actually hope L1 doesn't score a single goal today because I want to see the depth scoring actually produce. The depth scoring (or lack) is why I am so down on this team's chances.

If they can actually contribute to a win in a significant way, then I might start to have more faith. But if GCR scores all 3 goals in a 3-2 win, for instance, that still doesn't bode well going forward because it's still heavily reliant on one line to do everything.

No way.

I want a sid hattrick. I want him to keep climbing up the playoff point ladder. Saying you dont want line one to score is dumb. Lol

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

I actually hope L1 does not get scored on tonight

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I am hoping Zucker is going since they didn't recall anyone.

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Heinen Malkin Kapanen
Zucker Carter McGinn
DOC Blueger Erod

Would be my lines.
If Zucker is ready, he goes on Geno's LW

Heinen is a waste in the top 6. He's a curtain jerking career bottom sixer. Dude's forecheck sucks, won't hit, loses puck battles and avoids board play like it's the plague. If Zucker isn't playing, give me McGinn on Geno's LW. At least he'll forecheck, bang the body and wins board/puck battles.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

get the win! we can work on that other stuff later.:laugh:

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
This team is definitely capable of beating the Rags with Louie in net. Winning today would be great as we have a few important bodies who are pretty close to coming back.

The Rags have not found anyway to stop L1

I know its a big if, but if any other line can create any other type of offense this should be no issue.

Another way is for the Powerplay to capitalize...............said this coming into the series and its held true. Scoring on the Powerplay will make or break us
Amen

PP shots gotta come from either dots and crash the weak side. Igor's rebound control has been brutal. Jump on those loose pucks and bury em.

And Sully has to work the lines tonight. Get L1 out there against Lafrenière's line as much as possible. L1 is absolutely dominating that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad