EVENT SUMMARY

FACE OFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Dale Arnold: "I'm not so sure those guys (Bergy and Backes) would've made a difference tonight either" Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
gotta be more competitive than that. i could see if it was random game 43 of the season, but you're getting dominated by a crappy colorado team in games 2 and 3? what have these guys been doing the past couple months?

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
After game 1 I seriously said "boy, this team is quick". After watching three Boston games and many other games from around the league I am not sure if this team is fast enough.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Blame chart for tonight:
Butch: 25%
Players: 50%
Sweeney:25%

As the season goes on, and if this continues the above blame chart will change dramatically.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I just hope they don't push Bergeron to come back for the next game unless he's truly 100%.

Reactions: BMC

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
After game 1 I seriously said "boy, this team is quick". After watching three Boston games and many other games from around the league I am not sure if this team is fast enough.
Can't blame it all on speed. These guys were out of position, making bad choices, not physical, and playing un-enthused hockey. It's too early in the season for this kind of malaise.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Can't blame it all on speed. These guys were out of position, making bad choices, not physical, and playing un-enthused hockey. It's too early in the season for this kind of malaise.
Of course it's not just speed, the team as a whole was awful. But as others have pointed out, there are much faster teams in the league. And one has to wonder how much they can actually neutralize those speedier teams. Positioning and better decision making will help, but it's difficult to out play significantly faster teams.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I am willing to bet by November Cassidy will have Nash as the third line center and Kuraly the fourth. He loves him some Nash. I know they are down guys but he doesn’t need all that ice time and especially when they need to score goals. Seems every coach has their pet player and Nash is his.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Team needs time to gel. Being out of position can make a team feel slower than it really is. They will get better. One thing.....Krejci and Pasternak still don't mesh.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Glad I missed this one. It looks like the Bruins are getting themselves into a lot of trouble for this season. Getting dominated twice by a bad Colorado team is really not a good sign for the future. It will be really interesting to see what Bruins team shows up during the next few games but a few more straight losses can be deadly. On paper our team looks pretty average compared to many others in the league.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
12-16 games into the season you can start to panic. However, this looks like another bubble team.

US Thanksgiving is the accepted benchmark of where a team is heading. I need to see the B's playing against Eastern teams before I will even grade them.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
wow glad i didnt watch that one. Only saw the highlights but that was some putrid effort defensively, looked like they werent even trying.

Great goal by Marchy though, need to see more of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad