Half-Assed GDT: Game #3: Blues in SinCity - 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I admit im a Homer, but when comparing the Blues / Vegas lineups, why do I like ours better? Especially when Buchnevich is in there. And yes, I mean with Stone and Patches in there too

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueMed

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The Blues are quite fortunate to catch Colorado and Vegas without two of their biggest stars, but I hope we show them no mercy. Sweep this early road trip and come home on a high note.

Will they give Husso a start before the home opener or keep rollin' with Binner?

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I admit im a Homer, but when comparing the Blues / Vegas lineups, why do I like ours better? Especially when Buchnevich is in there. And yes, I mean with Stone and Patches in there too

Stone and Patches aren't really superstars to begin with so...

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
I want to see Knights running for their lives tonight like Gawain in The Green Knight. Get to Lehner early and keep pounding shots.

Reactions: eibyyz

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
The Blues are quite fortunate to catch Colorado and Vegas without two of their biggest stars, but I hope we show them no mercy. Sweep this early road trip and come home on a high note.

Will they give Husso a start before the home opener or keep rollin' with Binner?
No reason not to go with Binner. We had yesterday off and then we have 2 nights off before the opener. If you didn't want to give him at least the first 4 games of the season then Arizona was the time to get Husso in there. Like I said last GDT, give me Binner for the first 4 games of the season and then make a decision about Monday's game vs the Kings based on how we are doing. A win tonight or Saturday would cause me to give Binner the night off next Monday. If the team drops the next 2 straight, then maybe I put Binner in again Monday to try and right the ship.

This opening 3 weeks is one of the best-spaced stints of the season in terms of workload management. We also happen to be playing a Conference-heavy schedule against a good chunk of good teams and potential wild card competition. Take advantage and let Binner pile up some starts without having to get too taxed. My tentative start schedule for the next month:

10/20 @ VGK: Binner
10/23 vs LA: Binner
10/25 vs LA: Husso
10:28 vs COL: Binner
10/30 vs CHI: Binner (tempted to go Husso, but it's a Saturday home game vs the reigning Vezina winner and our biggest rival. Play your starter)
1/3 @ LA: Binner
11/4 @ SJ: Husso
11/7 @ ANA: Binner
11/9 @ WIN: Binner
11/11 vs NSH: Binner
11/13 @ CAR: Husso
11/14 vs EDM: Binner
11/16 vs ARI: Husso
11/18 vs SJ: Binner

That gets Binner in to 12 of our first 16 games without being all that taxing. Husso gets to play LA, SJ, Carolina and Arizona. 3 bottom-end teams and then he gets Carolina instead of Edmonton on a back-to-back. Binner's never playing more than 3 games in any 7 day window and there are a bunch of instances where he gets 2-3 days off between starts. We play a number of weaker teams in the following month (DETx2, MTL, ANA, OTT, CBJ, CHI, and DALx3) so there should be plenty of chances to increase his nights off as we get into the grinding portion of the regular season. Get Husso into 6 games in that next 17 game stretch and suddenly you've gotten your backup 10 starts through the first 33 games and your starter is on pace for 57 starts heading into Christmas.

Last edited:

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
Projected lineup, I think the second line could cause all kinds of problems.

Brandon Saad-Ryan O'Reilly-David Perron
Jake Neighbours-Brayden Schenn-Jordan Kyrou
Ivan Barbashev-Robert Thomas-Vladimir Tarasenko
James Neal-Tyler Bozak-Klim Kostin

Marco Scandella-Colton Parayko
Torey Krug-Justin Faulk
Jake Walman-Robert Bortuzzo

Jordan Binnington

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
monty-python-the-holy-grail.gif

You are in search of the Holy Cup? We already have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad