GDT: Game 3: Blues at Blackhawks 1/22/13 at 7:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiems35*

Well, I'm glad they didn't give up. Given the circumstances, I still say the Blues are the better team.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Result is deserved. We did not deserve a point. Can't believe Elliott let that Stalberg shot in. Oh well, he played very well for the most part. He definitely was not the reason we lost this game.

bcd051

Mar 6, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Overall, after the horrid start, this was a pretty even game. I would be willing to believe that extra day of rest at home helped quite a bit too. If Crawford had a typical Crawford game, I think this one heads to overtime.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Hawks came out hungry and deserved to win. Blues looked tired from the 2 game road trip. Should be some exciting games between these 2 this year.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
2/3 of the team played with their eyes instead of their legs and we lose. We got exactly what we deserved.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not really. He may have had a lot of shots on him. But most of them were from outside and were gimmes. Elliott made far more difficult saves.

Elliott made some tough saves, but Crawford made some great ones too.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Glad we got some goals... I was starting to wonder. Hopefully a day of rest helps and we can beat Preds again.

Wiems35*

Overall, after the horrid start, this was a pretty even game. I would be willing to believe that extra day of rest at home helped quite a bit too. If Crawford had a typical Crawford game, I think this one heads to overtime.

I'd say if that happened, Blues would have won in regulation. :laugh:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
We didn't deserve the win tonight, we didn't turn up for too long. If we had got the third goal of the game, I'm convinced we would have won it; the 'Hawks making it 3-0 was always going to be too much.

The team needs to get their **** together fast though. Yes, there are excuses and it is early, but there were too many totally unacceptable defensive plays out there that the bloody Oilers would be embarrassed by. We aren't going to get a proper breather until after the Minny game in on Sunday, so hopefully it doesn't drag on that long.

McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko line continued to impress though.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol at the people who quit watching when it was 3-0. Blues at least came back and made a game of it, despite being tired. I liked their 3rd period effort. Obviously the rest of the game before that wasn't too great though. But it happens, wasn't expecting them to win this one anyways so not too upset. 2-1 on the season...

Other notes:

-- If Corey Crawford is so bad, why can't we beat him? I'd like to hear.

-- Sobotka was one of the few who really looked good tonight. Man he hits like a truck. It's to the point where when I see Sobotka and another player going into the corner, I just start chuckling because I know it won't turn out well for the other player. And they don't just get hit, they get freakin' destroyed by Sobotka. I see Hitchcock rewarded him by moving him up to the 3rd line late in the game and moving Berglund to the 4th.

-- Defense was ugly tonight and is to blame for 2 of their goals (Kane and Stalberg's). Obviously other aspects go into that but that many odd-man rushes can't happen. And it happened to all of the defensemen...Petro, Polak, Jackman, Russell...they all made some mistakes. Shattenkirk made a few defensive lapses but he is real strong with the puck. 5 points already on the season.

-- Steen. I love Steen, he's good, but how can you be a center when you can't win faceoffs? Now McDonald seems to be taking the draws. C'mon man... 30% or whatever the hell it is is NOT going to cut it. Not close. And it doesn't help when Backes and Berglund aren't even very good on draws either. Pretty much the only line that can win a faceoff is the 4th with Sobotka and Nichol, but they really aren't going to be out there during crucial situations... So I just don't know about this experiment. He's brutal in the faceoff circle. Other than that though, the McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko line is really the only one that looked dangerous tonight.

-- Perron and Backes look pretty flat. Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart were inconsistent. I thought Stewart was better than the other 2 though.

-- End the D'Agostini 4th line experiments. How many times does it need to be reiterated, he can't play an energy line role! He's useless there. I don't think Langenbrunner offers that much on the ice either but he's a better 4th-line fit than D'Ags. D'Ags really offers nothing there...

Sloppy game but that was kind of to be expected. Just gotta move on and hope to win Thursday.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
No puck luck for the boys tonight but gap closures were atrocious all game and we really tried to force pucks to the middle.

The Hawks look very good. They played semi-risky all night having a winger burn out of the zone when possession looked like it would change. Their gambles paid off with some great stretch passes and finishes. Crawford was very solid and their "bigs" were dangerous.

I'd rather see Nichol and Reaves in the line up but whatever. We rallied late and fell short....better than being shutout and playing heartless.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Zactly how I feel

blues_jackman_toews_choke.gif

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I dont get how they only give it their all the last five minutes. They should be the most worn out at the end. Ugly game.

Adrenaline, basically. We were always going to find more energy when we got back into the game, just left it too late.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
5 games in 7 days is brutal. I'll be interested to see how the guys look that have played in each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad