GDT: Game #3 • "Bison (King) vs. Sabre" • Sabres @ Oilers • Oct 18 2022 • 7:00 PM • SN360

Most OP Bison?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT MUSIC

-

1666080199650.png

-

OILERS LINES

1666091404930.png

(lines are a prediction only)

-

SABRES LINES

TBA

-

THERE'S A POLL. GO VOTE IN IT.

-

ALSO, SINCE THIS GAME IS ON A TUESDAY:

Last edited:

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Let's get a winning streak started...but when we start the game as usual the season start could soon be very ugly ...hope the best.
6:2 Oilers.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Team is being outscored 1-6 in the 1st period and outscoring the competition 7-1 in periods 2/3... can't get much more Jekyll & Hyde than that.

I guess the main point of optimism though is if (big IF) they can fix that early sleepwalking session each game... they will be golden.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

BardownMagic

Oct 13, 2022
Rent Free
Set the tone from puck drop. With mcdavid and company if they can get up early and take it to the other team, most teams will get in their own head and lay down; PLAY FROM THE DROP OF THE PUCK!!!

No losing streaks

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
The game-start issue is complicated; it's not like the effort and jump isn't there from the whistle, it's that the team so far simply fails to find its defensive system/rhythm until the 3rd period. It's purely mental. Hopefully the coaching staff isn't just trying to pump the team up or anything like that; they need to be focusing on playing smart from the get go.

Reactions: Balakay14 and nabob

BardownMagic

Oct 13, 2022
Rent Free
The game-start issue is complicated; it's not like the effort and jump isn't there from the whistle, it's that the team so far simply fails to find its defensive system/rhythm until the 3rd period. It's purely mental. Hopefully the coaching staff isn't just trying to pump the team up or anything like that; they need to be focusing on playing smart from the get go.
The effort, execution, and deployment(systems) have been weak in the first period through two games. Everyone needs to be as sharp as possible in the first, coaches too

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kind of see this too. Except that I disagree that the team is finding their defensive system. In chances and shots allowed they haven't found it yet. What they have had the benefit of us goalies just somehow shutting the door after 1st periods. Against Calgary the 3rd period was as bad as the first. Just that the Flames didn't fill the net with pucks because of Skinner.

Giving up 40sog game is simply bad.

I see the lol Murray Bouchard pairing is continuing. Haven't seen it enough yet I guess.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Some of the Oilers hairstyles look like they could be on Streetfighter. Random comment.

Nemo in there just because of the hair? I don't see that he's been called up. I wish.
One have to wonder what he needs to do. He could just go to Finland again. Playing as one of the best D in camp, but a another guy goes before you because draftpedigree and potential.

Nemo should maybe ask for a trade, win the Norris, then ask to be traded to Oilers again to get a start.

But yes, preseason doesnt says much. Established players go easy in those.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Hey we finally have a game lmao, how do you only have 3 games in the first week and a half of the league? Guess the schedule will crush us at some point later in the season. Man Skinner is so legit, I'm trying not to get excited about him but its hard...

Reactions: Oilhawks

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I liked Malone's game. He was hitting like a truck and playing good enough for the 4th line. I'd rather see him stay up.

I like that Nemo was recalled tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad