GDT: Game 29: Sharks vs. Jets 7:30pm NBCSCA

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
So, as I've mentioned before, my cat passed away shortly before the Devils game. Since then, we're 4-1-1 with a few absurd comebacks in there and 28 goals scored (in six games!).

I joked with my wife a couple games ago that since Peanut loved chaos, and knew I loved the Sharks (and, even though he was a Caps fan at heart, watched probably over 1000 Sharks games with me over the years), and wore his shark collar right up to nearly the end...I don't know, maybe he's up there pulling some strings, because honestly, THAT explanation for how things have gone lately is about as logical as any other one we could come up with.

And while I've been in a really down mood lately, these six Sharks games have basically been the thing to be bringing me constant joy in life. So yeah, during that Devils game I said f*** it and decided to roll with the wins and the goals and just take things as they come and enjoy whatever fun we can get from this team.
Sorry to hear about Peanut, I teared up a bit reading that... but why CAPS? Cause it's close to CATS? Was his last name Ovechkitten?

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Sorry to hear about Peanut, I teared up a bit reading that... but why CAPS? Cause it's close to CATS? Was his last name Ovechkitten?
Ha, I don't know! Shortly after I got him, back in 2007, I remember sitting in my shitty apartment in rural Kansas watching hockey games in a beanbag chair. He was just a kitten and fairly unruly, but whenever the Caps were on he would climb on top of me and curl up and stare at the screen. Maybe he just liked the uniforms, but it was really striking! Though I think he lost interest and maybe never forgave me when I was on vacation and prevented him from watching when the Caps finally won their Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad