GDT: Game #29: Sharks vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
That finish was such a Monty Python sketch.

"Sharks score!"
"Not so fast! I am Inspector Tourigny of the Yard."

That, and the Yotes' attempts on the empty net.

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
also wanted to point out that we finally get a 'rebound' goal. Man I'd love to see if there are any stats on 'rebound' goals across the NHL, I'm sure we'd finish in the bottom 5 I think.

We're too busy trying to hit the player in the slot, which I believe someone posted that we're #1 on passes to the slot, but I'd like to get more pucks and bodies to the net and scrum it up a bit.
Yep, gotta be able to do both, or we get easy to defend.

Again..... PP1 passes...... PP2 shoots.
Shooting less with Hayton out or is that just me?
Probably a stat somewhere.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
My first game at the Mullett was a win. As others have said. PP1 - pass pass pass pass.... Keller even passed up a shot the first time with open net.

Good to have McBain back. Cooley being wasted with LOB. We missed the net on some good chances.

I was right on the blueline and yelled offsides just before that 2nd goal didnt count. Surprised on the goalie interference. Thought it was going to count. Glad we held on.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
2nd pp unit has been better than the 1st, too bad coach has not realized that yet . Cooley to ahl once hayton comes back . Needs to dominate

Reactions: moosemeister

cobra427

May 6, 2012
2nd pp unit has been better than the 1st, too bad coach has not realized that yet . Cooley to ahl once hayton comes back . Needs to dominate
Cooley can score, there is no doubt about that and he is needed on our PP. Playing down a few lines takes away from his scoring chances but on D he will get easier assignments. Once his play away from the puck improves, he will be back up a line and get more 5 on 5 minutes. Sending him to the AHL to produce more points won't improve the part of his game that needs improvement. I think we should keep him up for now.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Cooley isn’t going to Tucson.

I’d like Tourigny to get Zucker off that top line. It’s clearly not working, over a decent length of time too.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Cooley is at about 0.5 ppg I think. Unlike Guenther, Cooley’s development is best served by him staying w the team. Next year will be his breakout year.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
Maccelli is right now for sure. Keller is at least doing something...Schmaltz is completely MIA. Kerfoot isn't a good match on that line, I'd try McBain, no reason not to try him.
agree put mcbain between kell/schmaltz. with cooley, zuck, or kerfoot on that line it stiffles the main guys ability to skate around the perimeter. hayton would just park in front of goalie - causing the D to drop tight and the Fs to close in giving kell/schm lots of open ice in the OZone

RollingCoyote

Aug 13, 2022

There is no way Cooley gets sent to Tucson. BA probably promised not to send him down if he signed with the Coyotes instead of going back to college.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The first challenge was, but the second was way off side.
I kept watching that to see when the Sharks player touched the puck. Couldn't see it well but kinda wondered if it might have been like the Colorado one a couple years back against Oilers I think?? Guessing Ops had a better look than I did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad