GDT: Game 29: Seattle Kraken(16-9-3) @ Carolina Hurricanes (16-6-6) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
If this road trip did anything, it reset my expectations for the team back to reality.

Glad Gru had a good showing though.

I think we'll know where we actually stand about mid January.
We've got some interesting games(also within the division agains the Canucks, Flames and Oilers) left in December but to me that road trip to start the new year will indicate where the Kraken will finish.

It will be a seven game road trip with us playing at Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo, Boston and Chicago.

To me there's a good chance we'll be happy to be around .500 by then, unless we start playing better.

Still, this years edition of this team is miles btter than last years and way more fun to watch/follow.

Reactions: The Marquis

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Still, this years edition of this team is miles btter than last years and way more fun to watch/follow.

Looking back at the roster upgrades, a lot of the jump in the PP efficiency is easy to understand, but I am not sure the team is night and day better on paper, at least not so much so to suggest the discrepancy in play between the two seasons.

On D, Giordano is out, Borgen is in full time.

At forward,
Burakovsky > Jarnkrok
Beniers >>> Johanson
Bjorkstrand >> Appleton/Blackwell

I think the largest improvement of the season has been Hakstol doing away with his line-blender.

All 4 lines have been playing better at both ends than any frequently changed make-shift lines did last season. There are still a lot of defensive lapses, but there is real chemistry this season. Last year there was close to zero and no line stayed together for more than a game or two. It's been a huge improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad