GDT: Game 29: Red Wings vs canes 7:30 pm et 12/14/23 (ESPN+, HULU)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Looks more like a lack of skill than lack of effort. Getting hemmed in their own zone because nobody knows how to move the puck.
its both a lack of skill and a lack of effort, but we should be used to this by now

I kinda thought this year would be a bit different, but who are we kidding. 4 losses in the last 5 games lol. stuck in the middle and not going anywhere

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
f***in shit!! Can't win a lowscoring game. But can win 5-4 6-4 wins at a clip. Wtf is with this team?

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Justin Holl was horrible tonight. I felt like every time kane was on the ice he had either maata or holl on the ice who literally only dump pucks out. Our D just has no transition and it was obvious with how stale they were in this game. 4 losses of the last 5 and you have to wonder what it's going to take for Yzerman to put his big boy pants on and move a dman to bring up edvinsson finally. Keep waiting and it's gonna be too late. His poor decision making is costing us points and it's super frustrating!!

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
So bumping an opponent with the puck along the boards is now a penalty :ha:
Yeah that was a backbreaker for sure. I liked the fight at the end, but they looked gassed for most of the third. Nice to see Husso play a solid game for the most part.

Sounds like Compher and Larkin are at least getting close. Weather the storm a bit longer and get back to winning hockey.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Hard to build any momentum when the other team reads how we try to get out of our zone most of the time. I get that they have set plays, but why do them blindly?

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Whats wrong with Seider and Walman? 4 out of the last 5 games looks similar then this one.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
f***ing disgusting, a disgracefully officiated game, so much uncalled interference causing the game to degenerate into a grinding slog
The officiating is so freakin inconsistent from game to game, and sometimes within games.

Opponents boarding and getting away with interference, but Copp gets called because of leg to leg contact. Call everything or call nothing.

NHL refs get to dictate which team wins which is bullshit. No other sports league allows that to the same extent. It makes the games look rigged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad