GDT: [Game #29] Dallas Stars @ St. Louis Blues – 7:00 PM CT (TXA21)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #29 – 12/16/2023 – 7:00 PM CT – TXA21
Enterprise Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the St. Louis Blues
17-8-3, 37 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 14-14-1, 29 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

CDmYRIX.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

St. Louis Blues

Buchnevic - Thomas - Kyrou
Saad - Schenn - Kapanen
Toropchenko - Hayes - Neighbours
Maceachern - Sundqvist - McGing

Leddy - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Scandella - Tucker

Binnington

2fmwd0w.png

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'll happily take the other Kyrou if they're done with him.

Probably a lot of overlap between people who don't like Kyrou and people who blame Robertson for everything. :laugh:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The backup to Wedgewood might be the Blues EBUG. He was called in to action for the morning skate in St. Louis where he worked with the Stars goalie coach. The Texas Stars are on the road, so it's not clear if Nill is going to try to get one of their goalies to St. Louis.

Here's a bit about him:
Game Day: EBUG sighting in St. Louis? Stars enter matchup vs. Blues with uncertainty in goal

I think this might be because the Stars need to play one full game a goalie down to be allowed an emergency callup for the backup position because they can't afford Murray or Poirier right now . Emergency callups don't count against the Cap but with currently 700k in capspace no contract fits in if they can't use it.

Would've thought last nights almost full 3 periods of Oettinger injured would've been enough to get an emergency callup but maybe not ?

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I hope the Stars get ass blasted tonight and lose like 10-0.

It's 2023, only incompetence leads to screwing their fans out of the DFW area (but still within blackout range) out of watching them.

UPDATE: This was a hangry post. All is well now, lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Smelling Salt

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
FWIW, O’Brien serves as a EBUG for St Louis, but because he was signed to an ATO to be the backup goaltender before the game he’s not actually on the Dallas roster as a EBUG.

An actual EBUG would be the third goaltender, added after Dallas’ two game roster goaltenders are injured in the game.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
FWIW, O’Brien serves as a EBUG for St Louis, but because he was signed to an ATO to be the backup goaltender before the game he’s not actually on the Dallas roster as a EBUG.

An actual EBUG would be the third goaltender, added after Dallas’ two game roster goaltenders are injured in the game.
*confused. he signed an ato with the stars?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
*confused. he signed an ato with the stars?

Teams are required to have a EBUG in attendance and ready to suit up at their home games. This EBUG can be signed to a ATO by either the home or visiting team if that team loses both their starting and backup goaltenders during the game. The EBUG then become the third goaltender for a team during the game.

O’Brien (along with others) is one of the designated EBUG goaltenders St Louis provides during their home games. Home teams only provide one official EBUG, and usually have a list of multiple players they switch among during the season.

Because O’Brien was signed by Dallas to an ATO pre-game he is not acting as a EBUG this game, being the #2 goaltender for the Stars. He’s also not acting as a EBUG for St Louis this game. It’s likely the Blues have another goaltender serving as the EBUG tonight since O’Brien is unavailable.

If Wedgwood and O’Brien are both injured in game, or St Louis loses both of their goaltenders, then the third goaltender added by either team would be a EBUG.

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
How can I watch!!! This is total BS bush league crap. In Austin we can not get TXA21. But I have espn+ and directtv. Blacked out on both because I’m in the viewing area?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I hope the Stars get ass blasted tonight and lose like 10-0.

It's 2023, only incompetence leads to screwing their fans out of the DFW area (but still within blackout range) out of watching them.
Blame Bally's. Would you prefer if they had nothing at all tonight? Cause that's the alternative. Dallas is trying but because of the contract they have to abide by certain rules and clauses. That Bally's is screwing them over doesn't mean they get to ignore those rules because that just gives Bally's excuses validity when they go back to court.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad