GDT: Game 28: Sharks @ Knights 7:00pm NBCSCA

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
One of the few games this season where the Sharks didn’t spend 70% of their time in their own zone, trying to get the puck out. I mean you gotta give it to these guys, there’s definitely an identity forming and it’s obviously not enough to get them anywhere this year but my God are they more fun to watch now.

This injury bad luck is insane, though.

Reactions: Sandisfan

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
One of the few games this season where the Sharks didn’t spend 70% of their time in their own zone, trying to get the puck out. I mean you gotta give it to these guys, there’s definitely an identity forming and it’s obviously not enough to get them anywhere this year but my God are they more fun to watch now.

This injury bad luck is insane, though.
I dunno they are still pretty defensively inept.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I dunno they are still pretty defensively inept.
Oh totally, they just actually had zone time in the other team’s zone. I feel like even in the games they’ve been winning they’d be hemmed in for 10 minutes and then Granlund would get the puck, get around 3 guys, throw a crazy pass over to someone, they’d score, and then we’d defend for another 8 minutes. Today was a little more balanced.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I've really liked Bailey's play. I know some scoff at the idea that we should expect players to maximize their effort when the games are hopeless, but it's important. I imagine that if I appreciate/dislike a player being industrious/lazy, so must his teammates.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Don't need the point. Ducks are closing in on the cellar. At nearly $11M in cap space and refusal to use it, they are part of the tanking crew.

Along with Buf, Nash, and Chi with lots of cap space.

• Wow

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I never thought Hill was particularly bad (of course I don't know how much of that was just his being better than Jones/Dell/Dubnyk) but the Knights defense is also good.

He's leading the league in goals against, and in save percentage. I was surprised seeing that a couple of days ago.

After watching the first half of last night's game, I'm thinking it is more Knights defense than his improvement.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
He's leading the league in goals against, and in save percentage. I was surprised seeing that a couple of days ago.

After watching the first half of last night's game, I'm thinking it is more Knights defense than his improvement.
If hill doesn’t have to consistently move laterally he’s fine. If teams start moving the puck on him he’s always behind the play and gets caught of position all the time. The team
In front of him is the reason for the improvement

I don’t know how long he can keep it up, but Granlund looks SO good recently, he’s just a joy to watch. His skill level is insane right now.
He can keep it up until he gets traded

Reactions: hn777 and Sandisfan

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
Just wondering why isn't Hertl being shopped around? He still has some trade value and he's hurting our draft position.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Just wondering why isn't Hertl being shopped around? He still has some trade value and he's hurting our draft position.
I'm sure Grier would listen if he got a legit offer, but he has 7 more years at 8M. You never see term like that moved. Not to mention he's being praised for his leadership so far this year, which is something rebuilding teams value.

If we want to trade people hurting our draft position it should be the highest bid to either goalie (or even both) and guys like Granlund, Duclair, etc.

Reactions: hn777

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Because I think the Sharks internally do not want to rebuild for 7 years and see Hertl as part of the future. A veteran leader who can shelter and mentor guys like Eklund, Smith, Musty, etc.

The term/money doesn’t help, but I think Grier would have to be blown away by an offer, especially the way the team has been talking Hertl up recently. I can see Couture traded before Hertl (who I think would become the Captain).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad