GDT: GAME 28: PREDS @ HABS | Gladiator enters the ring | Sun., Dec. 10th, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will the Habs get at least one point in tonight's game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs were in Buffalo for the lone away game last night and it was quite the spectacular outcome with Juraj Slafkovsky scoring the shootout winner.

Slaf not only was used for the first time in shootouts, but also had the first fighting major of his career.

What was particular about his winning goal was how he celebrated it.

F6bqsgP.gif

Slaf has been raising his game several notches of late, which has not gone unnoticed by MSL. Not only has he been deployed on the first line but we have seen his TOI improve from 13:33 five games ago to last night's 18:10.

Also noteworthy, were Optimus Primeau's career high 46 saves, in what was a most welcome bounce back performance.

89y65Fz.gif

Nicely done, Slaf and Cayden.

7SRaEqg.jpg

Not so lucky was Cole Caufield who was kept off the scoresheet, despite unleashing 9 shots on goal.

However, there was another bright moment when the Greek God, Jayden Struble, scored the first NHL goal on a Kovacevic pass that he quickly redirected.

pCELwva.png

Maybe this win uplifts them for tonight's game. Both teams will be playing their second games of a back to back.

LINEUPS

vtCNkXt.gif

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs were in Buffalo for the lone away game last night and it was quite the spectacular outcome with Juraj Slafkovsky scoring the shootout winner.

Slaf not only was used for the first time in shootouts, but also had the first fighting major of his career.

What was particular about his winning goal was how he celebrated it.

F6bqsgP.gif

Slaf has been raising his game several notches of late, which has not gone unnoticed by MSL. Not only has he been deployed on the first line but we have seen his TOI improve from 13:33 five games ago to last night's 18:10.

Also noteworthy, were Optimus Primeau's career high 46 saves, in what was a most welcome bounce back performance.

89y65Fz.gif

Nicely done, Slaf and Cayden.

7SRaEqg.jpg

Not so lucky was Cole Caufield who was kept off the scoresheet, despite unleashing 9 shots on goal.

However, there was another bright moment when the Greek God, Jayden Struble, scored the first NHL goal on a Kovacevic pass that he quickly redirected.

pCELwva.png

Maybe this win uplifts them for tonight's game despite it being the second of a back to back.

LINEUPS TBA

vtCNkXt.gif

Nashville also played last night so that evens up the "played last night" mindset

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Are we over the Slaf is a bust and being super concerned, yet?

Or do we have to wait until his linemates cash in on his passes?
He’s played good in maybe half of the games. I’m not getting my hopes up only because I don’t want to be super disappointed

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Don’t you ever sleep?:laugh:
Truly amazing................our board has the most entertainment on it, and our friend Runner77 is a huge part of that..............he and others make the GDT's nothing short of Epic.

He’s played good in maybe less than half of the games. I’m not getting my hopes up only because I don’t want to be super disappointed
But, if we are being honest, we can see this is a train gaining steam, correct?
Remembering, he is 19 and there will be more bumps.
He has been our best player, hands down, the last few games.....

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Both teams played last night & both teams had to travel almost an equal distance to get to Montreal (Nashville was in Toronto. Montreal in Buffalo). Nashville got shutout by Toronto 4-0. Prior to their loss last night, Preds had gone 7-3 to put themselves back into the playoffs picture. They've improved from a disastrous start.

Lankinen played last night which means we're probably facing Saros. Allen goes tonight, I believe. He stayed in Montreal last night.

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Both teams played last night & both teams had to travel almost an equal distance to get to Montreal (Nashville was in Toronto. Montreal in Buffalo). Nashville got shutout by Toronto 4-0. Prior to their loss last night, Preds had gone 7-3 to put themselves back into the playoffs picture. They've improved from a disastrous start.

Lankinen played last night which means we're probably facing Saros. Allen goes tonight, I believe. He stayed in Montreal last night.
Allen....................does not deserve the start.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe, but I also think Allen plays much better against Western teams than he does against Eastern. I guess we'll see....
He has not played well recently, and the other two have................this is why I stated from the beginning the 3 goalie system does not work.
Allen can simply say, he was not given enough work.............and the results we have seen lately from him do not warrant he starts................
Trade him for nothing...............save cap space, and we are good.

Seattle and Buffalo are looking for a vet goalie.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Are we over the Slaf is a bust and being super concerned, yet?

Or do we have to wait until his linemates cash in on his passes?
I mean, he's not cashing in on his chances yet.

He's definitely improved immensely from October.

This team is just cursed. Players get hurt. Slaf sets people up and they can't finish. He gets set up and can't finish.

Caufield is the same.

Anderson is the same.

RHP was like that before he got hurt.

If this team could finish a bit more consistently everyone would look better and the Habs would be in the playoffs.

Maybe it's a good thing no one can really finish this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad