GDT: Game # 28: New York Rangers vs Anaheim Ducks, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Makes me so happy to see Edstrom score. I know lots of others have been fans of him (AK in particular), but I've really been pushing this guy for a few years. So great to see him get the call and play well, even setting the goal aside. It's always cool to see a guy taken in the late rounds of the draft work hard and progress through the system like he did.

I think he has a real future in the league and hopefully it's with us.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Time to start re-evaluating our bottom six.
actually our 4th line has been our second best line this season but if some of the kids like Edstrom can provide a little spark I am ok with it.
Still would like to see Berard and Othmann play a full year in Hartford.

Reactions: will1066

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Why was Pitlick signed? when players like Edstrom can do more at the NHL level from the young players in Hartford especially ones playing pro hockey as long as Edstrom

Reactions: gabevh3

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Why was Pitlick signed? when players like Edstrom can do more at the NHL level from the young players in Hartford especially ones playing pro hockey as long as Edstrom
Because it costs you almost nothing amd provides depth if the kids dont prove to be ready. When they prove they are it's easy to bench/send down/trade guys like Pitlick.

Reactions: bl02

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Makes me so happy to see Edstrom score. I know lots of others have been fans of him (AK in particular), but I've really been pushing this guy for a few years. So great to see him get the call and play well, even setting the goal aside. It's always cool to see a guy taken in the late rounds of the draft work hard and progress through the system like he did.

I think he has a real future in the league and hopefully it's with us.
You definitely have been saying he will be an NHLer for awhile. With that speed and size he definitely has a future (not that he’s a speed demon by any means, but to be that fast at 6’8 is so impressive).

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Edstrom came from playing pro hockey in Sweden. Its not like he was a 19 year old kid from juniors. Rangers had enough veteran depth with Brodzinski Vesey, Goodrow etc.
Who cares about pro hockey in Sweden? Many younger players have struggled when coming to North America. He played great but it was one game. Pitlick was a vet insurance policy and has played well.

Reactions: Aimless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad